Plan, develop, implement, and provide guidance and expertise for policies and procedures that will aid in the establishment and operation of Graduate Medical Education (GME) opportunities for the students and graduates of BUCOM in cooperation with affiliates and partners of the COM. Assist our affiliated clinical partners with both the development of new and continued compliance of existing GME programs to meet ACGME requirements under a single accreditation system. Work with hospitals and other institutions to establish new programs, supervise programs to ensure quality evaluation and improvement for existing programs, assist in the recruitment of administration, faculty and residents for the programs affiliated with the COM and assist in the establishment of clinical education opportunities for the pre-doctoral students of BUCOM. Work with Baptist Memorial Medical Education (BMME) to maintain ACGME educational sponsorship. Provide consultation and assistance to aid in ensuring that the programs provide for the integration of scientifically based, outcome evaluated clinical knowledge and skills, biomedical sciences and osteopathic principles and practices and assure that the participants have the faculty and opportunity to reach the level of competency, skills, and knowledge established by the accreditation, licensure, and certification agencies in the state of Tennessee and the United States.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Participates in the development and implementation of strategic planning initiatives at the College, University, and department level. Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of COM programs. Contributes and oversees changes required for improvement. Responsible for the implementation of applicable COM and/or University strategies, that leads to the deployment of programs for students' academic success in a comprehensive curriculum (including OPP/OMM curricula) in medical school and/or residency.
- Assists with Enrollment Management initiatives of the COM and University as applicable.
- Provides leadership and direction for the Graduate Medical Education (GME) faculty, administration, staff, regional directors, Directors of Medical Education (DMEs), Designated Institutional Officers (DIOs), and clinical affiliate partners of BUCOM in developing, implementing
- Oversees a department that facilitates the development and implementation of comprehensive curriculum (including OPP/OMM curricula), that promotes student learning outcomes that meet accreditation standards of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA), Accreditation Council Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), and professional accrediting agencies.
- Assists the Senior Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs in the direction and supervision of the clinical faculty at GME and clinical training sites satisfies the accreditation standards of the COCA and those competencies required and outcome objectives for clinical education are met.
- Responsible for the preparation and administration of the department operational/capital budgets.
- Oversees the section of the Clinical Affairs / GME department that assures compliance with external requirements, including but not limited to SACSCOC, COCA, ACGME, and other professional accrediting agencies.
- Engages in teaching, practice, and/or research as compatible with COM needs and individual scholarship goals, as appropriate.
- Performs related accountabilities responsibilities as required or directed.
Desired: Terminal degree (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine or Medical Doctor Degree, PhD, EdD) with current Board Certification by AOA or ABMS in appropriate area of specialization if applicable.
Desired: Seven years (7) academic experience as a full-time faculty member at a College of Osteopathic Medicine, College of Allopathic Medicine, Academic Health Care Teaching Center, or seven years (7) experience as a full-time faculty member in a Graduate Medical Education program, or previous experience as a DME, DIO, or Assistant Dean for Graduate Medical Education.Demonstrated leadership and productivity in the areas of clinical or professional service, scholarly activity, medical research, or education.Good standing with all regulatory and governmental boards and agencies.Eligible for coverage by college's malpractice insurer and an active medical license as applicable.Demonstrate knowledge and versatility in the evaluation and implementation of pre-doctorate and post-doctoral medical education programs, the rules and regulations that govern their operation and evaluation.Demonstrate experience and skills in providing administrative oversight, direction, leadership and motivation for faculty and staff.Established excellence and experience in clinical practice (as applicable), professional service, and/or research.
Minimum: Licensure, Registration, Certification
Desired: Current license/certification to practice in the State of Tennessee, as appropriate.
Minimum: About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17149 - Dean - Assistant GME
Facility: Baptist Health Sciences University
Department: CS Medical Education University
Category: Leadership & Administration
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area