Responsible for the effective management and coordination of supportive physical and logisticaloperations, administration, and services necessary for the COM to deliver the highest quality of medical education. Has direct responsibility and will assure that the Senior Associate Dean of Academic Affairs and the Senior Associate Dean of Clinical Affairs have access to the necessary resources needed to create and deliver curriculum that meets and or exceeds the accreditation standards set by COCA or expected by the medical profession, in order to train and graduate Osteopathic Physicians who will secure graduate medical education programs and meet the overall strategic initiatives of the COM. The Assistant Dean of AOS will oversee COM dedicated or allocated resources of Finance, Financial Aid, Information Technology, Registrar services, Admissions, Student Affairs, Marketing, Communications, Safety, Physical/Mental/Spiritual care, and Alumni Affairs. The Assistant Dean of AOS will provide for operational assistance and coordination of COM facilities to meet the needs of the faculty, staff, students and curriculum. The Assistant Dean of AOS will provide a professional interface with the COM students, faculty, staff and the public, ensuring that the administrative, operational, and service needs are effectively and efficiently met.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Strategic Planning: Demonstrates an active and consistent commitment to the mission of the College of Osteopathic Medicine (COM). Develops, implements, and evaluates both an annual operational and a long-term strategic plan for effective support for the College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Enrollment Management and Retention: Assists with Enrollment Management initiatives of the COM and University as applicable.
- Department Operations: Serves as an administrative, operational services consultant committed to developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating, educational, administrative, and research support systems to meet COM mission, vision, and goals.
- Learning: Participates as appropriate in supporting the expectations of the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA) standards and those of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Works with the Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, the Senior Associate Dean of Clinical Affairs and the chairs of Biomedical Sciences and Clinical Sciences, to define future needs and improve on current support systems.
- Human Resources: Principal administrator for operational management of the department through interviewing, selecting, training, and evaluating faculty and staff to promote quality instruction, satisfaction, and development.
- Finance and Budget: Responsible for the preparation and administration of the department operational/capital budgets.
- IE/Accreditation and Program Review: Oversees the section of the Administration, Operations, and Services department that assures compliance with external requirements, including but not limited to SACSCOC, COCA, ACGME, and other professional accrediting agencies.
- Teaching/Scholarly Activities: Engages in teaching, practice, and/or research as compatible with COM needs and individual scholarship goals, as appropriate.
- Performs related accountabilities responsibilities as required or directed.
Desired: Terminal degree (Masters or higher) with previous experience in administration, operations, and services at a Health Professions College or University.
Desired: Demonstrated leadership, productivity, and administrative experience in clinical, professional, research or educational settings.Five (5) years' experience in a similar position.Ability to develop, manage, promote, and evaluate support staff.
Minimum: Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17151 - Dean - Assistant Admin Operation Services
Facility: Baptist Health Sciences University
Department: CS Medical Education University
Category: Administrative Non Clinical Support
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area