Working independently and exercising good judgment and discretion, the person in this position performs administrative, research, business, policy and office support activities for COM Dean. Works closely with the Associate Deans, Assistant Deans, and Department chairs on sensitive and confidential matters.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Department Operations - Manages the day to day operations and schedule of the Office of the Dean.
- Office Management - Manages the Dean's administrative, professional, and travel schedule, arrangements and expense reports, meeting notices and minutes, and critical details to ensure efficient coordination of the Dean's office.
- Human Resources - Management of a team of highly skilled administrative support personnel, critical to the ongoing effectiveness of the Office of the Dean.
- Finance and Budget - Assists the Associate Deans with preparation of budget, accreditation, operational and strategic planning documents for review by the Dean. Administers budget, supervises purchases and prepare purchase orders, check request and accounting matters for the Dean.
Desired: A masters or doctorate degree in public health, health policy, business, or health care with prior extensive experience in executive administrative support.
Desired: Able to demonstrate soft skills in communication, while effectively performing a wide variety of skills. Can assume a leadership role without having to use an authoritative posture to engage and motivate faculty and staff.Intuitively able to reason, analyze information and events, and apply judgment in order to solve problems of both a routine and complex nature
Minimum: Licensure, Registration, Certification
Desired: Licensure, registration, or certification as applicable to the achieved degree and the job description
Minimum: About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17152 - Director - Administrative Office of Dean
Facility: Baptist Health Sciences University
Department: CS Medical Education University
Category: Leadership & Administration
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area