The Associate Dean for Research, directs and oversees Baptist University College of Osteopathic Medicine research and development policies. Maintains the university's' competitive position and promotes department profitability by formulating research and development programs. Nurture knowledge of interest around and excellence in research, scholarship and creative activity faculty, staff and students.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Advises the administration on the strategic and operational plans in the areas of development and expansions of research productivity, budget and resources needs. Provides oversight and direction for Research and Scholarly activity.
- Assists with Enrollment Management initiatives of the COM and University as applicable.
- Responsible for oversight of day-to-day operations pertaining to sponsored research activities carried out by BUCOM faculty, staff, students, and post-doctoral scholars.
- Promotes research integrity and responsibility and ensures that all University personnel adhere to regulations, policies, procedures and strict standards of ethical conduct in planning, conducting and reporting research and scholarly.
- Promotes research integrity and responsibility and ensures that all University personnel adhere to regulations, policies, procedures, and strict standards of ethical conduct in planning, conducting, and reporting research and scholarly activity.
- Develops budgetary proposal and strategies to operate as well as improve the operation, infrastructure, services and output provided by the faculty, students and graduates of the College in the areas of scholarly activity and research.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all granting agency guidelines and requirements for extramural funding and projects.
- Engages in teaching, practice, and/or research as compatible with COM needs and individual scholarship goals, as appropriate.
- Performs related accountabilities responsibilities as required or directed.
Desired: Terminal degree (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine or Medical Doctor Degree, PhD, EdD) with current Board Certification by AOA or ABMS in appropriate area of specialization if applicable.
Desired: Seven years (7) academic experience as a full-time faculty member at a College of Osteopathic Medicine, College of Allopathic Medicine, Academic Health Care Teaching Center, or seven years (7) experience as a full-time faculty member in a Graduate Medical Education program, or previous experience as a DME, DIO, or Assistant Dean for Graduate Medical Education.Demonstrated leadership and productivity in the areas of clinical or professional service, scholarly activity, medical research, or education.Good standing with all regulatory and governmental boards and agencies.Eligible for coverage by college's malpractice insurer and an active medical license as applicable.Demonstrate knowledge and versatility in the evaluation and implementation of pre-doctorate and post-doctoral medical education programs, the rules and regulations that govern their operation and evaluation.Demonstrate experience and skills in providing administrative oversight, direction, leadership and motivation for faculty and staff.Established excellence and experience in clinical practice (as applicable), professional service, and/or research.
Minimum: Licensure, Registration, Certification
Desired: Current license/certification to practice in the State of Tennessee, as appropriate.
Minimum: About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17148 - Associate Dean - Research
Facility: Baptist Health Sciences University
Department: CS Medical Education University
Category: Leadership & Administration
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area