Provides the appropriate Human Resource consultation and services to support the mission of Baptist Memorial Hospital. Provides policy interpretation, information, counseling, and support to leaders, managers and employees in the areas of employee relations, benefits, employment, compensation, payroll, worker's compensation and related Human Resource functional service areas. Reviews planned disciplinary actions proposed by managers, and makes appropriate recommendations based on current policy for investigation, documentation, and alternative considerations/actions. Provides functional coordination/direction to operational partners, as assigned. Cooperates with external customers, e.g. applicants, state/federal agency officials, labor counsel; identifies needs; collects, evaluates, and reports timely to inquiries; and, follows through to case closure. Recommends new/revised procedures and monitors compliance with policy, legal, and regulatory requirements to include JCAHO and EEOC. Researches: collects, compiles and analyzes data; and provides input into report design/presentation of special projects, as assigned. Incumbent is responsible for providing a full range of Human Resources services a minimum of 8 hours/day. 5 days/week. Some additional work and call back hours may be required. This position is under the direction of the CEO/Hospital Administrator.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Interpreting policy, sharing information, and providing timely counsel, provides Human Resources support to management and employees, to assure fair and consistent application of rules, regulations, and protocols, while minimizing legal risks and exposure to Baptist Memorial Hospital.
- Answers customer questions and coordinates work assignments, provides functional coordination/direction and serves as a lead resource in matters related to Human Resources. Assists with management of operations, to assure continuity of services without compromising quality.
- Clarifies inquiries, cooperates with external customers, e.g., applicants, state/federal agency officials, labor counsel, to identify needs and meet requirements.
- Identifying areas of issue/concern in the workplace to minimize the Hospital's risks and exposure, recommends new/revised procedures and monitors compliance with policy, legal, and regulatory requirements, to minimize the Hospital's risks and exposure.
- Provides support by assisting in the administration of the hospital's compensation, benefit, performance management, employee relations and recruitment processes.
- As assigned, participates in special projects, to support the overall goals and objectives of the department and the hospital
Preferred: Masters degree in Human Resource Management in business administration or related field
Minimum: Baccalaureate degree in Human Resources, business administration or related field.Experience
Preferred: 5 years related experience in a healthcare setting
Minimum: 5 years directly related experienceAbout Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 10402 - Manager-Human Resources Senior
Facility: BMH-Crittenden Hospital
Department: CR HRD Administration BMH Crittenden
Category: Human Resources
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Location: US:AR:West Memphis
Located in the Memphis metro area