Perform all functions of the medical technologist and supervise the personnel and operation of the section for effective and efficient operation. Performs all other duties as assigned. Job Responsibilities
• Supervise administrative, technical, and educational functions, independently, demonstrating knowledge and application of theoretical principles of clinical laboratory science.
• Supervise sectional personnel and students. Provide instruction for personnel and medical technology students.
• Implement and assess the comprehensive quality assurance program according to regulatory agencies' requirements.
• Develop and maintain operational plans for laboratory instruments and management of departmental materials according to College of American Pathologists (CAP) requirements.
• Develop and maintain current department policy and procedure, including safety and infection control guidelines, in compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards; ensure departmental compliance.
• Oversee development and maintenance of content, procedures and documentation used for technical instruction of Medical Technology students.
• Demonstrates commitment to personal career growth and competency, including completion of all departmental requirements. Experience
Description Minimum Required Preferred/Desired
4 years Healthcare/Medical - Medical/Clinical Laboratory Technologist Required. Education Minimum Required
Bachelor's Degree Medical Technology Required, or Bachelor's Degree Related Field Required. Licensure Minimum Required
License/Certification (valid for state of operation): ASCP or AMT certification as Medical Technologist (MT) required or Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) required, or discipline specific ASCP or AMT certification for non-generalist positions required. TN Supervisor License. ASCP