Ensures collection of patient balances, deductibles and co-pays in an accurate and timely manner. Serves as a resource to patients, families, and employees to discuss financial arrangements and properly explain patient financial obligation. Assists patients with any applicable financial assistance programs. Performs a treatment initiation approval process by review of ordered/prescribed services relating to insurance coverage policies and pre-certification/authorization requirements, while securing amicable payment arrangements. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
- Acts as a liaison with insurance companies to assist in obtaining insurance information
- Advises patients and family members with regards to next steps or processes for securing financial coverage.
- Together with the Director of Managed Care Contracting participate in negotiating one time single case agreements, including contractual provisions and rates with payers and coordinate implementation.
- Review and verify all charges flagged as pre-transplant/evaluation charges for potential recipients and/or waitlisted patients by managing related EPIC work queue(s).
- Collaborates with Finance staff and Managed Care Contracting staff to ensure proper billing of accounts under global contracts/Center of Excellence agreements
Requirements, Preferences and ExperienceEducationMinimum RequiredPreferred/Desired
- Expedites patient flow through prompt and courteous service.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Skill in communicating clearly and effectively using standard English in written, oral, and verbal format to achieve high productivity and efficiency. Three years of business experience in a clinical setting environment.
Associates degree or two years of college level courses.ExperienceMinimum RequiredPreferred/Desired
Three years of business related office experience with one of those years being in a clinical setting.
Five years of business experience in a clinical setting environment. Front-end collections experience desired. One year minimum experience performing pre-certification/authorization functions within a hospital and/or clinic environment.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Preferred: CHAASpecial SkillsMinimum required
Excellent customer service and communication skills. Ability to speak, articulate, and be understood clearly. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties. Basic computer skills to include Microsoft office literacy knowledge required. Ability to perform basic math computation. Dealing with confrontational issues and high stress situations with patients, family, and physicians. Strong quantitative, research, analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills. Must have team - oriented work ethic with strong interpersonal skills. Prioritizes and performs work responsibilities independently or with a minimum of supervision.Preferred/Desired
Knowledge of EPIC application of cash postings and registration processes. Insurance verification processes using Real Time Eligibility, Passport Communications, and additional on-line verification processes. Knowledge of pre-certification requirements and guidelines. Knowledge of medical coding methodologies.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 16666 - Counselor-Finance Senior Transplant
Facility: BMH-Memphis Hospital
Department: ME Transplant Services Baptist Memphis
Category: Finance and Accounting
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area