Operates boiler, chiller, building automation, & utility systems. Performs preventive & corrective maintenance of equipment to ensure safety, reliability, & functionality in accordance with established policies & procedures. Responsible for the Energy Management functions. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Ensures safe & efficient Power Plant Operations by operating, maintaining, repairing, monitoring, & documenting central power plant equipment to ensure proper operation & record keeping, & to minimize down time of critical power plant equipment.
- Performs work control & field communications functions by serving as prime point of contact for Facility Services & other departments, receiving & documenting incoming work requests, performing work control & other maintenance related functions after normal office hours to ensure continued equipment operation & continued customer service throughout the hospital.
- Performs shutdown & startup procedures on equipment by operating the Building Automation Systems & equipment controls in accordance with safety, comfort requirements & as recommended by equipment manufactures, standard engineering practices, & hospital policies & procedures to ensure efficient equipment operation, maximize efficiency, & extend equipment life.
- Inspects equipment & mechanical spaces as assigned, corrects deficiencies & cleans and/or paints as necessary as required by OSHA, mechanical standards, hospital policies, & as directed by superiors to ensure proper equipment operation & that mechanical spaces & work areas are kept clean & safe.
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: High school diploma or GED.
Minimum: Knowledge, skills and mental development equivalent to completion of 4 years of high school, or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.Experience
Preferred: 3 years of power plant operations, preferably in a health care setting.
Minimum: 3 years of power plant operations, preferably in a health care setting.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: DRIVER'S LICENSE (CURRENT)Special Skills
Preferred: Basic computer literacy skills required
Minimum: Basic computer literacy skills requiredTraining
Preferred: Completion of Vocational or Technical Training.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 11684 - Operator-Power Plant
Department: JS Power Plant
Category: Facilities & Security
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Rotating
Located in the Jackson, MS metro area