Provides a wide array of social work services to patients and families, including performing psychosocial assessments, developing and coordinating discharge plans to insure continuity of care, and providing supportive counseling to enhance coping and functioning ability. May be asked to resolve issues occurring on all shifts, 7 days a week. Reports to Director of Case Management. Performs other duties as assigned.Job Responsibilities
• Utilizes social work skills by conducting psychosocial assessments of patients and families of all ages to determine support needs.
• Provides supportive counseling to individuals, families and groups to address identified concerns and to enhance understanding of, coping with, and adjustment to illness/hospitalization.
• Maintains current knowledge of and accessibility to community resources, placement facilities, and financial agencies to meet patient and family needs.
• Oversees and manages day to day medical social work staff.
• Complies with policies that support patient's fundamental right to considerate care, protect their personal dignity and respect their cultural, psychosocial and spiritual values in an effort to meet patient's care needs and preferences.
• Completes staff evaluations in collaboration with Manager and Director
• Provides education and current social work practice updatesRequirements, Preferences and ExperienceEducation
MS -- Masters prepared LMSW or LCSW. Candidate may be actively pursuing at time of application with completion date within 2 years of hire.
MS -- must be licensedExperience
3 years of experience in clinical social work
2 year experience in a medical/clinical settingLicensure, Registration, Certification
LMSW or LCSW for MSFor Rehab, CARF Certification, must have a masters degreePreferred/Desired
LCSW;LMSWSpecial SkillsSpecial SkillsDescription
Advanced communication, conflict management, organizational and planning skills. Advanced psychosocial assessment skills Basic computer literacy skills.Minimum Required
Advanced communication, conflict management, organizational and planning skills. Basic computer literacy skills.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 2559 - Social Worker LMSW Senior
Facility: BMH-Desoto Hospital
Department: DC Case Management Admin BMH Desoto
Category: Social Services
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area