Cleans, decontaminates, inspects, assembles, packages, sterilizes, stores, and distributes supplies, instruments, and equipment dispensed by the department following infection control guidelines. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Manages decontamination, sterilization, distribution and storage of supplies, instruments and equipment.
- Participates in Performance Improvement.
- Demonstrates Fiscal management.
- Maintains proper enviornment of care.
- Participates in ongoing education.
- Completes all assigned goals.
Minimum: Currently enrolled as a full time student in a school of surgical or cardiovascular technologist program. Skill in communicating clearly and effectively using standard English in written, oral and verbal format to achieve high productivity and efficiency. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties.Experience
Minimum: #N/ASpecial Skills
Minimum: Computer literacy.Training
Minimum: Meets or exceeds all academic requirements.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 16759 - Intern-Technologist Surgical
Facility: BMH-Collierville Hospital
Department: CL OR Operating Room BMH Collierville
Category: Clinical Technician/Technologist
Work Type: PRN
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area