Provides Human Resource leadership and services to support the mission of Baptist. Provides assistance to the Human Resources Manager to plan, organize, implement, and control operations and activities to meet department goals and objectives. Completes compensation related data entry. Provides policy interpretation, information, counseling, and support to leaders, managers and employees in the areas of employee relations, benefits, employment, compensation, payroll, and related Human Resource functional service areas. Cooperates with external customers, e.g. applicants, state/federal agency officials; identifies needs; collects, evaluates, and reports timely to inquiries; and, follows through to case closure. Researches: collects, compiles and analyzes data; and provides input into report design/presentation of special projects, as assigned. Incumbent is responsible for providing a full range of Human Resources services a minimum of 8 hours/day. 5 days/week. Some additional work and call back hours may be required. This position is under the direction of the Human Resources Manager. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Assists internal and external applicants with employment needs and the facilitation of Human Resources transactions.
- Assists HR Manager with the performance management process by responding to issues pertaining to pay and compensation.
- Maintains current knowledge of federal and state laws, and Baptist policies, which includes interpretation, sharing of information and providing timely counsel, providing Human Resources support to management and employees to assure fair and consistent application of rules, regulations, and protocols while minimizing legal risks and exposure to Baptist.
- Assists HR Manager with maintaining Joint Commission compliance and survey readiness.
- Provides assistance to employees and managers surrounding work related issues.
- Possess and demonstrates the necessary traits and characteristics to promote positive teamwork, internal and external customer service.
- Clarifies inquiries, cooperates with external customers, e.g., applicants, state/federal agency officials, labor counsel, to identify needs and meet requirements.
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: Masters degree in Human Resource Management in Business Administration or related field.
Minimum: Baccalaureate degree in Human Resources, business administration or related field or direct equivalent years of experience.Experience
Preferred: 3 years directly related experience, preferably in a healthcare setting.
Minimum: 2 year directly related experience, preferably in a healthcare setting.Special Skills
Minimum: Previous experience using automated HR/Payroll system.Training
Preferred: Intermediate to advanced experience with all Microsoft products and their associated programs.
Minimum: Ability to operate standard office equipment and proficient in the use of computer.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 9976 - Generalist-Human Resources
Facility: BMC-Yazoo Critical Access Hospital
Department: CAH YZ HRD CAH Yazoo
Category: Human Resources
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Location: US:MS:Yazoo City
Located in the Jackson, MS metro area