Generates all system and facility analytical interpretation of clinical and purchasing data to achieve clinical improvement, standardization and cost savings. Assists with development and loading of data files and applying statistical methodologies to analyze data pulled from a variety of internal and external data systems/data sources. Gathers, interprets and summarizes complex data for clinical spend analysis. Works in conjunction with the Director of Value Analysis and Spend Management and Director of Corporate Contracts to interpret supply contracts, research quality metrics and provide the necessary data for quarterly reports to the Executive Governance Council. Incumbent is responsible for all value analysis data management support functions for BMHCC eight hours/day, five days/week. Some overtime and callback may be required. This position is under the general direction of the Director of Value Analysis and Spend Management. Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Generates, analyzes and interprets all system and facility value analysis reports and communicates information regarding key quality / financial performance metrics that impact system financials.
- Consults in the design and implementation of trend analyses, comparative performance, program evaluations and other data analyses specifically related to the value analysis arena to support improvement of healthcare and finance.
- Maintains and updates expertise with necessary tools as needed to creatively work with data.
- Interacts with organizational clinical/quality/operational leaders in professional, confident and knowledgeable manner and presents information to leaders/co-workers as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Finance, healthcare administration or other related analytical disciplineExperience
Preferred: SAP,SAS, SQL, Lawson
Minimum: 3 years experience of data analysis and statistics; quality reportingSpecial Skills
Minimum: Uses effective project management skills, including project planning and tracking. Has an understanding of data management, process improvement, quality initiatives, and development of technical specifications of quality of care measures. Possesses strong technical skills coupled with business intelligence and understanding of customer needs which can be transformed into application and operational requirements. Must have strong written and oral communication skills About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 12879 - Analyst-Business Systems Senior
Facility: BMHCC Corporate Office
Department: HS Supply Chain Operations Corporate
Category: Information Systems
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area