This is a faculty ranked position. The physician faculty member will be assigned duties as required in the domains of teaching, research & scholarly activity, service, administration, and clinical practice. Candidates for the level of full professor will need a demonstrated record of both time and excellence in both academic and clinical domains.
Participate in teaching, scholarly activities, and service in the osteopathic School of Medicine with a goal of producing competent and holistic physicians
An applicant must have:
- Participate in and/or direct multidisciplinary curricular courses and formative and summative assessment of learners including clinical courses during the third and fourth year of the osteopathic medical curriculum
- Mentor junior faculty in developing instructional experiences that support the mission and goals of the College and University
- Partner with College leadership to assess educational outcomes and use data to perform quality improvement of instructional methodology and curriculum
- Full-time, non-tenure track, exempt position under the administrative direction of the Department Chair and Senior Associate Dean of Clinical Affairs
- May occasionally require hours beyond an 8-hour workday
- Distribution of time to be spent in Teaching, Research & Scholarly Activity, Service, Administration, and Clinical Practice negotiated annually based on faculty career goals, college and administrative needs, and meeting accreditation standards.
DO or MD degree with AOA or ABMS board certification or board eligibility in designated clinical field, or terminal degree in a related or academically appropriate area from an accredited institution with demonstrated experience in teaching
Commitment to support the mission and vision of Baptist University Health Sciences
Desire to inspire, motivate and mentor students to become competent and holistic physicians, scientists and leaders
Proficiency using computer with applications such as Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, and Excel)
Ability to stand or sit for periods of time, stand, walk and bend intermittently through the day in university environment with moderate fluctuations in noise and temperature.
Must successfully complete and pass requisite pre-employment drug screen/physical and background check
Unrestricted certification/licensure to teach/practice in the State of Tennessee; if DO or MD, must have ability to obtain an active and unrestricted medical license in the state where clinical activities occur
Serves as a resource regarding trends, issues, and practices in the profession or discipline.
Participation in local and/or state and/or national professional organizations.
Participation in community-based organizations and/or initiatives.
Evidence of sustained excellence in teaching, clinical service, and in scholarly or creative worksResponsibilities
Facilitate the creation of a learning environment for student instruction that encourages critical thinking, investigation, self-direction and respect for the uniqueness and strengths of each individual.
Advise and tutor students and evaluate academic progression in both meeting programmatic requirements and accomplishing program goals.
Demonstrate a professional role within the discipline by remaining current with trends, issues and practices
Demonstrate teamwork and collaboration in the department and the University through active participationAt Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17601 - Professor- Associate Clinical Sciences
Facility: Baptist Health Sciences University
Department: CS Medical Education University
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area