RN-Nurse Practitioner - MG Memphis Stroke Service
Job ID: 9579
Job Category: Nurse Practitioner
Job Type: Clinical Nurse
Work Type: PRN
Work Schedule: Rotating
This job posting is no longer active.
Position to work in our inpatient Stroke Neurology team at BMH. In this role the APP will treat acute ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes. Will coordinate code strokes, in real-time with the physicians, for all patients with acute stroke symptoms and determine eligibility for alteplase treatment and mechanical thrombectomy. Will work closely with the Vascular Neurologists to treat problems in the immediate post-stroke phase for patients in the ICU, step-down unit, and on the med/surg floors. Will determine the mechanism of each stroke and initiate appropriate secondary prevention. Will provide patient, caregiver and staff training and education.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Synthesizes data and utilizes evidence to develop, implement, and evaluate the patient plan of care, including ordering and interpreting laboratory, radiology, and other diagnostic studies/results.
- Demonstrates proficiency in technical/procedural skills.
- Provides relevant management, referrals, counseling, and education to patients, families, and caregivers related to current care and preventive health measures.
- Facilitates/participates in quality related initiatives and/or clinical research protocols through planned group processes, workshops, seminars, and staff meetings, to improve clinical an system practice performance.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary group of clinicians in the care of patients.
- Optimize the use of EMR as it relates to patient care.
- Serves as a resource to staff in area(s) of expertise.
- Collaborates with unit staff, Clinical Educators, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Staff Specialists and other healthcare professionals to meet staff and patient educational needs.
- Identifies system-wide factors contributing to undesirable outcomes, such as complications, increased length of stay and over utilization of services.
- Facilitates patient movement through the system and efficient use of resources through interdepartmental collaboration.
- Responsible for own professional growth and maintenance of required credentials.
- Maintains and updates clinical knowledge and skills based on current health care practice/research.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum: Either a Masters or Doctoral level as a nurse practitioner.Experience
Preferred: One year experience as a nurse practitioner in area of neurology and/or Neuro critical care experience preferredLicensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: Current certification - nurse practitioner. Eligible for or have certificate of fitness/prescription privileges. RN, BLS CERTIFICATION WITHIN 14 DAYS OF HIRE, ACLSSpecial Skills
Minimum: Computer literateAbout Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 13246 - RN-Nurse Practitioner
Department: MG Memphis Stroke Service
Category: Nurse Practitioner
Type: Clinical Nurse
Work Type: PRN
Work Schedule: Rotating
Located in the Memphis metro area