The Medical Staff Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the operation of Medical Staff services by supporting and assisting Medical Staff Leadership in carrying out the duties for the Medical Staff as defined by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, and other state and national accreditation/regulatory bodies. Manages the relationship between the Medical Staff Leadership Committee, Facility Professional Practice Evaluation Committee, Medical Staff Members, Independent Clinical Professionals, and Advanced Practice Providers. Coordinates and maintains all aspects related to the Quality and Medical Staff departments. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in BMHCC Mission, Vision and Values.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- ?Manages all aspects of the monthly Medical Staff Leadership Committee, Facility Professional Practice Evaluation Committee, and Performance Improvement Committee meetings, and quarterly medical staff department meetings. (Agenda development, room/food reservations, materials preparation, minutes, and overarching committee document management.)
- ?Facilitates and manages the ED Call Schedule process to ensure physician coverage for the ED each month.
- Identifies and implements tasks to complete projects for Medical Staff Services as needed.
- ?Interacts with BMHCC medical staff, independent clinical professionals, and advanced practice providers on a routine basis to maintain a good relationship between the hospital and the physicians.
- ?Maintains various medical staff databases and software programs.
- ?Maintains quality data for the medical staff.
- ?Maintains medical staff, independent clinical professionals, and advanced practice providers quality files per accreditation standards.
- ?Supports development and maintenance of the accreditation, quality and other work plans as directed by department managers and directors.
- ?Completes department functional tasks such as medical record faxing, scanning, and cataloging, invoice processing, ordering, and employee support, as needed.
- ?Performs portions of the medical staff quality improvement process, including PI projects, peer review, and focused and ongoing professional practice evaluations.
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in a related field preferred
Minimum: Associate?s Degree in a related fieldExperience
Preferred: 3 years of experience in medical staff governance or physician practice.
Minimum: 1 year of experience in medical staff governance or physician practice.Special Skills
Preferred: All special skills listed would be preferred, desired for this position.
Minimum: Computer skills, written and oral communication skills and critical thinking skills to fulfill duties of position.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 11788 - Coordinator-Medical Staff Development
Facility: BMH-Desoto Hospital
Department: DC Quality BMH Desoto
Category: Administrative Non Clinical Support
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area