Provides expertise and a high level of HR competency as a Corporate Human Resources (HR) leader working in close partnership with HR and other operational leaders throughout the Baptist system and in a variety of health care settings. Serves as a senior human resource advisor to address/resolve complex HR matters. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, implementing strategies to strengthen leadership capabilities, promote team member engagement, and foster a work culture based upon Baptist's mission, vision, values, and principles. Works in close coordination with Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) and other key stakeholders to so that strategic and/or tactical initiatives align with human resources clinical/business initiatives, processes, and communication plans in support of system-wide goal attainment. Reports to designated CHRO working in close coordination with Baptist's Corporate Human Resources leadership team in all functional areas.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Possesses a keen understanding of the overarching BMHCC business strategy, which focuses on operational efficiencies, service excellence, team member/physician engagement, and distinguished patient experience.
- Administers and deploys integration strategies for overall performance improvement, quality measures/indicators, Joint Commission compliance (where appropriate), service initiatives, and standardization/consolidation of current and new services in areas of accountability.
- Serves as a key advisor and business partner to operational Leadership Teams on a wide range of strategic and tactical HR related matters to include employee relations programs and legal compliance, career development and workforce planning, salary/benefits administration, and organizational and culture alignment.
- Drives change and innovation through best practices for human resources program delivery and evaluates outcomes relative to service initiatives, leadership development, and operational goal alignment.
- Works closely with Corporate HRIS and Compensation team on compensation matters to ensure alignment with system policies, practices and/or processes. Participates in the annual salary review process to identify areas warranting evaluation due to market conditions.
- Administers employee relations programs to include, but not limited to, interpreting policies, conducting investigations as needed, making recommendations on complex employee relations matters in order to mitigate legal exposure. Consults regularly with Corporate CHRO on legal matters and/or regulatory issues.
- Assesses leadership development and/or training needs working with Corporate Continuing Education and Organizational Development (CEOD) team to deploy appropriate programs and/or resources to meet orientation, training and/or educational needs within clinical and/or business settings. Facilitates and/or conducts training efforts as needed.
- Works with Corporate CHRO and other key stakeholders to analyze a variety of HR data to include turnover, vacancy rates, recruitment/retention information, productivity metrics, performance data, patient satisfaction results, and/or other employee relations statistics. Utilizes data sources to identify areas of opportunities, discover trends, and drill into contributing factors to drive or validate business decisions.
- Consults with and works in collaboration with System Employee Health Services to ensure legal compliance on employee health related issues to include, but not limited to, work related illnesses/injuries, fitness for duty matters, FMLA and/or other legally mandated leaves of absences.
Preferred: Masters' degree in business or a related HR discipline is preferred.
Minimum: Undergraduate degree, preferably in an HR or business-related fieldExperience
Preferred: Experience working in both acute care and ambulatory/group practice settings strongly preferred.
Minimum: "7 years of progressive, outcome-oriented Human Resources experience with 3 years in a leadership role. "Licensure, Registration, Certification
Preferred: Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and/or SPHR certification preferredSpecial Skills
Minimum: Strong working knowledge of human resources issues, trends, and legal compliance. Training
Minimum: Demonstrated success serving as a business partner in the implementation of strategic human resources business initiatives, processes, and communication plans to include recruitment/retention, employee relations and legal compliance, team member engagement and development, and salary/benefits administration. Leads workplace initiatives to proactively drive alignment, accountability and engagement. Must also have proven ability to facilitate and navigate change in a fast paced health care environment. Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills to foster a collaborative team approach to HR service and program delivery.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17615 - Director-Human Resources
Facility: Baptist Health Sciences University
Department: CS University Administration University
Category: Human Resources
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area