Responsible for the loss prevention and patient safety program in the designated facility. To serve as a resource in loss prevention/patient safety to all professional and hospital staff as well as the medical staff at the facility. Under the general supervision of the Director and the entity Administrator, responsible for the protection of the organization's assets at the designated entity 24 hours/day, 7 days/week. Incumbent may be required to work on all shifts as needed and subject to callback and on-call responsibility. Responsibilities Job Responsibilities
• Participates in the loss prevention program of the designated entity and its facilities on the campus.
• Develops and facilitates all patient safety work for the entity including process improvement projects.
• Directs, manages and leads the department staff effectively; assists with development of an annual expense, FTE, and if indicated, a capital budget to support the services of the department. Actuates the work of the department in an orderly manner observing the policies and practices of the organization. Assists the Director for being accountable for the human and financial resources of the department and the mentoring the staff with regard to professional development, customer service and the Service First initiatives as well as the entity's commitment to qualify improvement initiatives.
• Reviews unusual occurrence reports, investigates further if indicated, and recommends corrective action in consultation with the entity's management and the Director; evaluates effectiveness of corrective action and recommends additional action if necessary.
• Trends incidents, occurrences, claims and lawsuits within the facility; recommends corrective action in consultation with the Director; evaluates effectiveness of corrective action and recommends additional action if necessary.
• Identifies existing risk exposures in the facility; recommends methods of controlling these in consultation with the management of Corporate Risk Management and claims; evaluates effectiveness of action and recommends additional action if necessary.
• Provides in-service education on risk management and patient safety and serves as a resource to staff of the entity served.
• Identifies potential claims in the entity and recommends action to eliminate or limit the loss in consultation with the management of Corporate Risk Management and claims.
Requirements, Preferences and Experience
- Represents risk management and the concepts of patient safety on relevant committees of the organization and provides the necessary leadership, reports and/or guidance on management and operational issues. Communication trends and developments in risk management to appropriate parties.
- Coordinates and directs the investigation of potential and actual claims and lawsuits in the entity through gathering evidence, conducting interviews and reviewing relevant medical record documentation and participating in the root cause analysis process.
- Coordinates and directs the response to discovery devices in lawsuits against the entity as indicated and/or required.
- Participates in discussions about defense strategy and settlement negotiations in claims and lawsuits against the entity.
- Participates in professional associations related to risk management.
- Establishes and maintains operational linkages with the leadership of the entity and other departments (e.g., Nursing, Quality and Accreditation, Clinical Departments, Safety) regarding areas of mutual concern.
- Contributes to a positive, professional image for risk management and to fostering a positive work climate, team effort and service first environment.
- Coordinates and assists with regulatory accreditation activities.
- Performs related responsibilities as required or directed.
Skill and proficiency in applying highly technical principles, concepts and techniques which are central to the risk management profession. Such proficiency is acquired through completion of a baccalaureate, associate, or diploma degree in a health-related field, nursing field preferred.
Five (5) years of clinical and/or management experience; risk management experience preferred; quality management experience a plus.
Knowledge of licensure and accrediting requirements; ability to communicate and work effectively with medical staff, department heads and administration; assertive, objective, tactful and courteous in all dealings with professional staff, patients and guests; excellent organizational skills and problem solving abilities.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION, CERTIFICATION:
Current licensure in relevant area of education and/or profession; Driver's License required.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17604 - Manager-Risk Management
Facility: BMH-Memphis Hospital
Department: ME Risk Management Baptist Memphis
Category: Quality, Compliance & Safety
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area