Summary Job Summary
Performs imaging procedures/treatments according to radiology practice standards in order to aid in the diagnosis and/or treatment of disease. Performs other duties as assigned.Job Responsibilities
• Demonstrates a thorough understanding of Radiologic principals/theory and utilizes the most appropriate technique and positioning for optimal procedures/treatments, as demonstrated by procedure/treatment results.
• Develops appropriate procedure/treatment plan.
• Implements procedure/treatment plan utilizing established hospital protocols/guidelines.
• Completes documentation as required to comply with hospital policies and procedures.
• Maintains equipment, procedure/treatment rooms, and work areas in a neat and safe condition to ensure the safety of patients and staff.
• Participates in hospital and departmental Performance Improvement activities to ensure that patient care is consistent with established standards.
• Completes assigned goals. Requirements, Preferences and ExperienceExperience Minimum Required
6 months experience in specialty area as required to meet all Specials competencies at the end of the orientation period. Education Minimum Required
Registered by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists with Registry in Radiography ARRT (R) required. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within 30 days of hire date. Preferred/Desired
Registry in Vascular Interventional ARRT(VI) preferred.LicensureMinimum Required
ARRT(R);BLS CERTIFICATION WITHIN 14 DAYS OF HIRE;NEW GRADUATE WHO WILL OBTAIN REQUIRED REGISTRY WITHIN 60 DAYS OF HIRE;STATE LICENSE AS REQUIRED Preferred/Desired
ARRT(VI)About Baptist Memorial Health CareAbout Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 13731 - Technologist-Specials
Facility: BMH-Memphis Hospital
Department: ME Operating Room
Category: Radiology & Imaging
Work Type: PRN
Work Schedule: Rotating
Located in the Memphis metro area