Coordinates, implements and evaluates the hospital and medical staff clinical and operational performance improvement activities. Conducts portions of the medical staff performance improvement process, including profiling with intent to maintain and improve quality of care and service. Coordinates processes to maintain compliance with regulatory agencies and accrediting bodies. Provides consultation to physicians, staff, PI teams, and departments regarding improvement methodologies and processes. Participates in the development, coordination, planning and operational administration of the Medical Staff, Allied Health Professional Staff and Independent Clinical Professional Staff appointment/privileging/reappointment processes. Provides general administrative support to the organized Metro Medical Staff in this regard. Reports to Director of Quality. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Experience
- Coordinates, implements and evaluates hospital and medical staff performance improvement activities.
- Coordinates, implements and evaluates clinical quality initiatives for external comparative benchmarking.
- Coordinates and facilitates the accreditation and regulatory compliance processes (CMS, JCAHO)
- Communicates effectively with physicians, staff, external entities.
- Educates hospital staff and physicians regarding Performance Improvement tools and techniques.
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: Five years experience in clinical practice; Five years experience in quality management or accreditation preparation.
Minimum: Current RN, RHIA, RHIT or related healthcare professional with three years clinical experience and/or three years in quality management or accreditation preparation.Special Skills
Minimum: Skill in communicating clearly and effectively using standard English in written, oral and verbal format to achieve high productivity and efficiency. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties. Advanced communication, conflict management, organizational and planning skills. Basic computer literacy skills.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 2049 - Coordinator-Performance Improvement
Facility: BMH-Collierville Hospital
Department: CL Performance Improvement & A BMH Collierville
Category: Administrative Non Clinical Support
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area