Develops, administers, directs, and implements all nursing and related patient care activities for areas of accountability. Works in close collaboration with the nursing team to meet and support diverse organizational business initiatives/strategies. Responsibilities include but are not limited to standardization of systems, identification of efficiencies, financial oversight for nursing programs/services, integration of performance improvement strategies, support of strategic nursing business initiatives, processes and communication plans which support nursing goal attainment while fostering patient, physician, and employee satisfaction. Works collaboratively with all hospital departments to operationalize nursing integration, service line development, and standardized nursing practice. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Contributes to the development, and directs the implementation and improvement of care delivery models and services that supports the continuous enhancement of care delivery and patient/family, employee and provider satisfaction for area of responsibility.
- Applies the values of the nursing organization and assures compliance of the nurse practice acts abiding by nurses' rights and compliance with regulatory and professional standards for area of responsibility.
- Fosters transparency, interdisciplinary collaboration, and accountability in all areas.
- Enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice, nursing services administration, and the delivery of services.
- Optimizes resource allocation to support current and potential objectives and initiatives.
- Directs a multidisciplinary work force that provides clinically competent, efficient, and compassionate care and services in a professionally challenging environment.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree preferred.Experience
Minimum: 3 years in acute care setting with demonstrated leadership skills.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: RN, AHA BLSSpecial Skills
Preferred: Specialty certification preferred.
Minimum: Knowledge of health care issues, trends, legal compliance and managed care with emphasis in all components and nursing operations. Ability to foster collaborative partnerships in the development, implementation and administration of service and program delivery.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 13726 - RN-Nurse Manager
Facility: BMH-Memphis Hospital
Department: ME Nursing Office Baptist Memphis
Category: Nurse Leader
Type: Clinical Nurse
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area