Performs supervisory functions for area of responsibility by effective management of human and financial resources to achieve quality outcomes in line with financial goals of the institution. The position is under the direction of the Manager/Director of the department.Responsibilities
• Supervise by assessing, planning, implementing and directing workload of personnel to meet the needs of all customers in order to meet and exceed performance expectations.
• Serve as a resource by communicating both verbally and in writing with the Manager, employees, and all other customers to resolve any questions/disputes concerning workload in specific area of responsibility.
• Schedule, train, motivate and evaluate employees to ensure equality in staffing pattern.
• Evaluate workload on a daily basis in order to identify process problems and report all findings to the Manager in a concise method.
• Communicates with other departments and customers regarding problems/issues as is appropriate.
• Provide appropriate feedback to employees regarding their productivity and quality of work. Initiate performance improvement plans as necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned. Requirements, Preferences and Experience Preferred desired
Three or more years of experience in a revenue cycle or finance position
Education minimum required
High school diploma or equivalent.Special Skills
Problem solving, communication skills, creative thinking, resource management, analytical thinking, delegation and follow up skills, interpersonal skills, listening skills, organizational and presentation skills, problem solving skills, motivational skills, interviewing skills, and the ability to set measurable goals and monitor outcomes. Subject Matter Expert (SME) for area of responsibility. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Strong verbal, written, and customer service skills.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 1434 - Supervisor-Finance
Facility: BMH-Central Business Office
Department: HS Centralized-Cash Posting
Category: Finance and Accounting
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area