Assist in the managing of the day-to-day operations, planning, measuring, and execution of the patient assistance program for oncology services provided by Oncology Clinics. Manage processes related to Insurance Verification, Insurance Authorization and the Patient Pre-registration process to ensure completion of the financial clearance process. Responsibilities
• Assist the Director with daily responsibility for the Patient Assistance Program and Financial Counselors. Ensures the integrity of department processes and ensures federal and state compliance requirements are met.
• Provides leadership through facilitating visions/values through personal example and interaction with staff. Communicate policies and goals, which will result in enhanced employee skills, management, and leadership. Meets and maintains department goals as set by leadership and strives to deliver the highest level of service and patient satisfaction.
• Assist in overall financial/budgetary management of the departments through evaluation of services and analysis of departmental operations and implementation of workload standard, to identify opportunities for cost reduction and enhance profitability and optimal resource utilization. Accountable for completion of assigned and delegated reports.
• Demonstrates Service First characteristics to all. Sets example for department and other hospital personnel. Identifies opportunities for improvement resulting in enhanced service and customer satisfaction. Leads by example. Responsible for all shifts, 7 days/week, 24 hours/day.
• Assist the Director to ensure consistency in delivering services efficiently, timely, and of great quality to all hospitals and physicians. Takes initiative to improve processes, strives for positive customer outcomes.
• Performs other duties as assigned.Requirements, Preferences and ExperienceKnowledge/EducationMINIMUM REQUIREMENTSEDUCATION
Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration, Business/Management, Information Systems, or other Healthcare discipline and/or equivalent years of work experience in lieu of degreePRIOR EXPERIENCE
5 plus years of hospital operational experience in a healthcare setting.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 10656 - Manager-Financial Counseling & Patient Assistance
Facility: BMG-Central Business Office
Department: HS Financial Counseling Corporate
Category: Finance and Accounting
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area