The Assistant Nurse Manager provides leadership through collaboration with the Nursing Manager of the Department in planning, organizing, coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating the care provided for patients in the unit. Responsibilities include fiscal, human resource, risk management, and operational functions. The Assistant Nurse Manager contributes to strategic planning and program development and maintains 24-hour accountability. The Assistant Nurse Manager performs delegated duties and functions within the philosophy and overall scope of responsibility.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Contributes to the development, and manages the implementation and improvement of care delivery models and services that supports the continuous enhancement of care delivery and patient/family, employee and provider satisfaction for area of responsibility.
- Applies the values of the nursing organization and assures compliance of the nurse practice acts abiding by nurses' rights and compliance with regulatory and professional standards for area of responsibility.
- Fosters transparency, interdisciplinary collaboration, and accountability in area of responsibility.
- Enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice, nursing services administration, and the delivery of services.
- Optimizes resource allocation to support current and potential objectives and initiatives for area of responsibility.
- Manages a multidisciplinary work force that provides clinically competent, efficient, and compassionate care and services in a professionally challenging environment.
Preferred: Bachelor's degreeExperience
Preferred: Acute care experience.
Minimum: ?Ability to utilize the nursing process in the provision of nursing care including, but not limited to, administering treatments and medications, interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating a plan of care, collaborating with other health care providers and providing education to patients and/or significant others ?Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively ?Possess personal computer skills ?Ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize ?Possess problem solving and critical thinking skills ?Ability to collaborate with other health care providers ?Ability to educate patients and/or significant others ?Ability to supervise regular staff and float staff on shift ?Ability to coordinate staffing for shifts ? 3 years in acute care setting with demonstrated leadership skills.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: RN; AHA BLS
3 years of RN experience Special Skills
Minimum: ?Possess skills in: patient care documentation systems and bed placement systems. ?Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively ?Possess personal computer skills ?Ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize ?Possess problem solving and critical thinking skills ?Ability to collaborate with other health care providers ?Ability to educate patients and/or significant others ?Ability to supervise regular staff and float staff on shift ?Ability to coordinate staffing for shiftsAbout Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 10815 - RN-Assistant Nurse Manager
Facility: BMH-Memphis Hospital
Department: ME ICU Baptist Memphis
Category: Nurse Leader
Type: Clinical Nurse
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Rotating
Located in the Memphis metro area