Performs imaging procedures/treatments according to cardiac catheterization lab practice standards in order to aid in the diagnosis and/or treatment of disease. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of cath lab principals/theory and utilizes the most appropriate technique and positioning for optimal procedures/treatments, as demonstrated by procedure/treatment results.
- Develops appropriate procedure/treatment plan.
- Implements procedure/treatment plan utilizing established hospital protocols/guidelines.
- Completes documentation as required to comply with hospital policies and procedures.
- Maintains equipment, procedure/treatment rooms, and work areas in a neat and safe condition to ensure the safety of patients and staff.
- Participates in hospital and departmental Performance Improvement activities to ensure that patient care is consistent with established standards.
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: Associates degree in specialty.
Minimum: Skill in communicating clearly and effectively using standard English in written, oral and verbal format to achieve high productivity and efficiency. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties.Experience
Minimum: Minimum of one (1) year clinical experience in a facility providing full cardiac cath or radiology equivalent invasive imaging services.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: ARRT(R);BLS CERTIFICATION WITHIN 14 DAYS OF HIRE;NEW GRADUATE WHO WILL OBTAIN REQUIRED REGISTRY WITHIN 60 DAYS OF HIRE;STATE LICENSE AS REQUIREDSpecial Skills
Minimum: Basic computer literacy skills.Training
Preferred: ARRT (R) or RCIS ACLS preferred
Minimum: Successful completion of surgical tech program,radiography training program, cardiovascular invasive specialist training program. BLS or obtained within the orientation period.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17345 - Technician-Cardiovascular II Seasonal
Facility: BMH-Memphis Hospital
Department: ME Cardiac Lab Baptist Memphis
Category: Clinical Technician/Technologist
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area