ME Technicians are responsible for ensuring safe delivery, providing setup, and education in usage of home medical equipment for our customers. Responsible for discussing financial responsibility with customer. Setup is done in their home, long-term care setting, clinic or any location deemed necessary to service patients. This position will include scheduled on-call evening, weekend, and holiday shifts as required. Must return after-hours calls within 30 minutes and arrive at patient's home within 2 hours of call.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Delivers and sets-up home medical equipment in timely, accurate manner. Manage scheduling of assigned deliveries to reach service goals and deliver equipment including oxygen as required in accordance with industry standards
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of current HME products and services offered by the company and all applicable governmental regulations. Responsible for educating customers in proper use and care of respiratory and HME equipment in a home setting
- Complete written reports detailing patient visits after setup and follow-up visits as required. Report equipment hazards and/or product incidents along with any other needed reports according to company policy and guidelines.
- Develop basic reimbursement knowledge and completely document all information necessary to ensure reimbursement for all appropriate equipment, products, and services
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and simple repairs on equipment as required in accordance with company policies. Assist with customer equipment problems under emergency conditions. Assume on-call responsibilities during non-business hours as scheduled.
- Retain knowledge of and consistently adhere to procedures for the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), infection control and hazardous materials handling.
- Responsible for wearing required company shirt, hat, and steel-toed shoes.
- Responsible for loading, unloading, cleaning, processing and storing equipment per specific guidelines. Utilize necessary tools and equipment (pallet jack, hand truck, etc.) as needed for moving equipment.
- Completes assigned compliance training and other educational programs as required. Compliant with company Compliance Program. Maintain patient confidentiality and function within the guidelines of HIPAA.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred: Associates degree
Minimum: High School Diploma or equivalentExperience
Preferred: Minimum of one year in a health care, patient facing position customer service desired. Experience as a HME Technician, desired
Minimum: Minimum of one year in customer service role.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: Current Driver's LicenseSpecial Skills
Minimum: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Time management and ability to work independently and prioritize assignments. Problem solving skills with excellent attention to detail. Ability to provide compassionate, thorough, best in class customer service under challenging situations for patients and their family members when they are vulnerable and potentially stressed.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 6284 - Technician-Home Medical Equipment I
Department: AC BHME Memphis
Category: Clinical Technician/Technologist
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area