The System Director, Digital Solutions andInnovation is a new position that will plan, organize, integrate, and direct the establishment and oversight of enterprise-level IT solutions in support of overall goals and objectives. This will require very strong negotiating and people skills to facilitate the delivery and support of the solutions for both inpatient and outpatient care environments, knowledge of the EHR (such as Epic) along with non-Clinical applications. The System Director of Digital Solutions and Innovations will develop, lead and motivate a matrixed team to map experience journeys, assess appropriate technology available in the marketplace, integrate technologies into smooth and cohesive experience flows to deliverperfectly anticipated and thought out responses yielding high quality customer and employee experiences for Baptist Memorial Health Care's technology services division in support of a fast-paced and time sensitive healthcare environment.Manages staff and vendor relationships for the development, design, deployment and daily operations of enterprise clinical applications.
This role will partner with key stakeholders of other areas. This role manages the relationship between IT and other functions of the organization and work closely with the Senior Executive team to drive innovation and transformation strategies to support cost effective and scalable business operations. Working through an operationally led governance committee, the Director of Digital Solutions is focused on the patient/consumer/employee and in creating choices for the patient/consumer/employee/partner, as well as patient/consumer engagement and patient/consumer experience.
This key leader will be serves as an integral member of the IT leadership team, embracing strategic technology for Application and Product development in all areas for the enterprise such as education, research, and clinical, non-clinical and outreach. In addition will keep abreast the industry best practices and emerging technologies in consideration.
This role will continuously identify opportunities to use apply new technologies to support Health System programs, establish priorities, policies and standards. Analyzes organizational impact of technology trends and best practices on business solutions, evaluates how future technology solutions impact current and future business, and establishes long-term work plans and strategies to ensure optimization of services across the organization.
Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation is undergoing a major transformation. This individual will play a key role in assessing and prioritizing the value of the digital initiatives and ensure execution of all aspects: setting the expectations with the stakeholders and managing the scope, and timely implementation.
This position will actively promote operational governance and will report into the Chief Digital Officer & System CIO.Responsibilities
• Drives digital disruption within, and across, business areas.
Requirements, Preferences and Experience
- Partner with operational leaders and SMEs of processes and workflows across care delivery and a variety of functions to deeply understand unmet needs and envision ways to drive impact
• Collaboratively develop a strategic product roadmap for new initiatives in collaboration with Journey Owners and with clinical and research leaders as applicable
• Oversee and support multiple Journey Owners in prioritizing the pipeline of requests, scoping efforts, budgeting, staffing, and funding for new pod initiatives
• Navigate the operational complexities of a healthcare institution by leading with influence to manage necessary culture change and effectively launch projects
• Research best-in-class consumer experiences and industry best practices, pain points, and lessons
• Continuously seek out and test new concepts and technologies to enhance consumer digital experiences and evaluate their potential for new pod initiatives
• Provide leadership in the refinement and fulfillment of the health system's digital innovation strategy by participating in vision, planning, and execution discussions
• Collaborate with leaders as part of a matrixed organization to integrate the goals of diverse stakeholders and develop the right digital framework for consumer experience that clearly ties strategy and business goals of every initiative to digital touchpoints and journeys
• Develop business cases for digital projects by collaborating with stakeholders to align and refine business case inputs and models.
• Analyze 'build' vs. 'buy/partner' considerations for new and novel digital capabilities and oversee design and deployment of internally developed or externally sourced solutions
• Oversee and manage RFPs and vendor and partner ecosystem relationships
• Develop a robust set of actionable KPIs to track digital activity and engagement
• Systemize the identification, development and integration of new digital solutions with repeatable frameworks to more quickly bring innovative digital experiences to patients
- Innovative problem solver with excellent critical thinking skills and strong analytical abilities needed for leading the IT operations
• Collaborates with client's key operational, clinical, and technology solution partners related to EMR structure, functionality, optimization and how those components translate and impact the consumer experience.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in the industry, preferably provider-based, serving clients in innovation and in a digital transformation strategy consulting capacity
• Minimum of 5 years of experience interfacing with business, IT, and technology stakeholders to create market-facing, value differentiating business model innovation by applying existing and emerging technology solutions, with a focus on the healthcare consumer experience
• Minimum of 5 years' experience working in a management consulting environment.
• Ability to travel as needed (up to 50%)
• BA or BS required, with an advanced degree preferred (e.g., MBA, MHA, MS)
• Exceptional communication (written and oral) skills and ability to articulate vision and strategic plans to internal and external stakeholders
• Flexible work style and comfort with working in a flat and/or matrixed team
• Experience with successful execution and bias towards action, even in areas of uncertainty
• Experience with customer call centers or support centers a plus.
• Demonstrate ability to motivate and communicate with others at all levels
• Influential relationships skills at all. Able to use these relationships to deliver service improvements
• Able to adapt and succeed in a changing environment. About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17734 - System Director-Digital Solutions and Innovation
Facility: BMHCC Corporate Office
Department: HS IS Admin Corporate
Category: Information Systems
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area