Ensures that all shift-related responsibilities are completed by the end of the shift; supervises personnel as needed to ensure optimum productivity. Works collaboratively with department administration to ensure that patient care needs are met. Improves the patient's quality of life through the provision of pharmaceutical care services and ensures safe, accurate and effective medication use processes. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Manages medication orders including age-specific considerations to ensure medication safety (i.e. processing, preparation and dispensing).
- Manages own pharmacy practice effectively.
- Supervises and directs healthcare team members.
- Contributes to goals, programs and report cards for unit/department/hospital.
- Participates in hiring and retention recommendations
- Participates in minor disciplinary/re-education processes
- Writes/ modifies and/or distributes pharmacy personnel schedules
- Processes and prepares sterile products for dispensing.
- Participates in pharmacotherapeutic plan processes.
- Provides drug information.
- Maximizes safety and efficiency through appropriate use of automation.
- Participates actively on inter and intra-departmental committees.
- Participates in inventory management.
- Provides education.
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: Post-graduate education in health-system pharmacy services
Minimum: Bachelor of Science (B.S.) or Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.).Experience
Preferred: One year of supervisory experience
Minimum: One year of hospital pharmacy experience or equivalent.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: PHARMACIST-FOR APPROPRIATE STATESpecial Skills
Preferred: Advanced computer order entry literacy, Microsoft Office applications, clinical experience. High-level cognitive ability to interpret and understand written medication orders and reference materials.
Minimum: Basic computer literacy and communication skills. Cognitive ability to interpret and understand written medication orders and reference materials; accuracy and attention to detail required.Training
Preferred: BLS and/or ACLS certification, PGY-1 Pharmacy resdiency and/or equivalent experience.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 2491 - Pharmacist-Lead
Facility: BMH-Calhoun Hospital
Department: CA Pharmacy Calhoun
Category: Pharmacy Services
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Location: US:MS:Calhoun City