Baptist is looking for a System Director of Technology Infrastructure
to lead our IT engineering and support teams.
They will have experience in modern SaaS/cloud-based based infrastructures as well as traditional infrastructure architectures in which they have scaled, led, and secured an ecosystem of applications and technologies with proactive strategies and proactive roadmaps. They have a strategic mind and operate as a senior leader that influences the business and company strategy.
The successful candidate must be comfortable with change at a large scale, passionate about technology, love to learn, and create world-class customer experiences, this is a great opportunity to grow and contribute to a world-class team!Responsibilities
• Implements the mission and vision of the IT organization and the CIDO to foster a customer-centric oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement techniques.
• Be a trusted advisor that builds and maintains relationships with other technical leaders and business executives to develop a keen understanding of business needs; ensures efficient delivery of IT services to meet those needs.
• Owns the IT/Infrastructure Operations, performance and availability targets, and maintains the regular renewal and replacement of infrastructure components comprising the overall technology stack.
• Collaboratively work with the CTO to develop a multi-year roadmap and key performance indicators that are well understood and anticipate emerging needs.
• Own the Infrastructure team "People Strategy" that will forecast the future skills and training needed to acquire and develop an IT workforce with the appropriate mix of business knowledge, technical skills and competencies that balance between growing agility and ensuring the core IT functions are reliable, stable and efficient.
• Foster a culture of trusted partnership, service, and continuous improvement
• Build a deep bench of team leadership and technical talent to deliver results and support future growth and mentor the team to their full potential Responsibilities Include:
• Manage, maintain, and enhance the core infrastructure services. This includes developing and executing these towards the mission, vision, and strategy of the IT Infrastructure organization to maximize the success of business and IT enterprise initiatives.
• Daily operations of datacenter, network, security, client system engineering, voice, and platform technologies for a multi-state, 22 hospital health system with over 18,000 employees.
• Work with the CTO, infrastructure leadership, and architect team(s), and other IT leaders to propose and/or evaluate innovative/differentiating infrastructure and IT capabilities helping to enhance our overall support to the health system and create business value.
• Collaborate in creating a roadmap for the infrastructure core services that supports the agreed to IT vision along with overseeing the project planning, budgetary and process approvals , and leadership necessary to achieve success.
• On-time delivery of IT Infrastructure projects which add value and/or reduce operational risk for the health system.
• Build successful relationships within Baptist Technology Services and business areas to ensure Infrastructure Core services are being communicated and feedback is being provided to achieve successful delivery of these services at or above the customer's expectation.
• Proactively researches and recommends courses of action to prevent problems and to maintain high infrastructure service levels for the user community.
• Establishes metrics, key performance indicators and service level agreements for driving the performance of IT service delivery. Drive team towards continuous system uptime and operational excellence for areas of responsibility.
• Manages all strategic partners and their delivery of any Core Infrastructure related services. Helps develop and maintain good relationships with key partners/vendors .
• Identifies current and future skill gaps among the core team and supports training efforts to develop and recruit the necessary resources to maintain adequate service levels.
• Assist in building the annualized budget for Infrastructure core services (both project and "run the business" RTB). This includes overseeing estimates for accuracy, reviewing planed spend to create proper forecasting, and overall proper cost management of IT these Infrastructure services.
• Introduces innovative, differentiating infrastructure and operations capabilities that enhance our overall competitive capabilities and enhance employee productivity.
• Develop and support the Business Partner function that will consist of a team of regional Business Relationship Managers who will partner with supported organization executive leadership teams to foster IT alignment and service delivery excellence.
• Is a member of the IT senior leadership team and participates in the service portfolio and governance required to prioritize resources, including budget.
• Leverages influencing and negotiation skills across BTS and the enterprise to enable cost-effective and innovative shared solutions in the achievement of business goals. Requirements, Preferences and Experience
• 15+ years of relevant technical experience, including 8+ years in a leadership role
• Solid background in cloud environments and building cloud-native platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure)
• Healthcare experience preferred but not required.
• Track record for leading IT transformational initiatives in sophisticated environments.
• Success in using both standard methodologies, such as IT service management practices based on ITIL, as well as agile philosophies like DevOps.
• Ability to adapt to a fast-moving technology landscape and keep pace with the latest thinking and new technologies.
• Track record of building and effectively managing large and diverse teams, and putting the appropriate processes and infrastructure in place to drive growth within the corporation.
• Demonstrable ability to formulate a high-level strategy, then convert it into a tactical plan and execute on that plan.
• "Hands-on" operating style and approach but a view towards the future and willingness to invest in people development and in developing an organization that will support a large company.
• Extensive experience managing operational customer service teams.
• Strong strategic and customer focus with a clear understanding of the wider issues impacting the relevant markets.
• Proven Management and/or relationship management experience at a senior, strategic level role. Established record of accomplishment of exceeding targets, KPI's SLA's, in a quality led, legislative compliant environment.
• Experience operating call centers or support centers a plus.
• Demonstrate ability to motivate and communicate with others at all levels
• Influential relationships skills at all. Able to use these relationships to deliver service improvements
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Able to adapt and succeed in a changing environment.
About Baptist Memorial Health Care
- Evidence of well-developed leadership skills.
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17761 - System Director-Infrastructure Services
Facility: BMHCC Corporate Office
Department: HS IS Admin Corporate
Category: Information Systems
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area