Drives innovation, leadership, and oversight of the optimization and standardization of inpatient clinical technology systems for Baptist Memorial Health Care to enhance the quality of patient care and improve provider efficiency and wellbeing. Provides expertise in the development and implementation of systems that assist with the delivery of patient care to include areas of, quality, safety, research, usability, and process improvement. Responsibilities encompass overseeing physician data management systems and workflow integration to enhance patient care initiatives, outcomes and efficiencies; participation in various committees and advisory groups to align and promote physician technology needs and capabilities with organizational needs; identification of process improvement opportunities through research, analysis and trends to strengthen clinical models and research initiatives; and education of physicians and other clinicians in the use and promotion of new medical/clinical technology. Works in close collaboration with the CMIO, inpatient CMOs and executive/senior leadership, Vice President/Chief Digital and Information Officer, nursing and other clinical informatics teams, and physician constituents. Creates and sustains a culture of engagement, alignment, scalability, and accountability to drive clinical technology transformation technology in support of Baptist's mission, vision, and values.Responsibilities
- Participates in the development of organizational goals and objectives to drive strategies related to inpatient clinical technology systems to ensure they are in alignment with Baptist's overall strategy.
- Achieves consensus for inpatient clinical informatics strategies by working in close partnership with senior leadership, nursing informatics and other clinical informatics teams, information systems, and physicians.
- Ensures optimal value of care by increasing quality in care processes, reducing variation around clinical evidence, supporting service excellence, and reducing cost through standardization and optimization of the EHR and clinical IT systems.
- Develops and maintains the inpatient physician builder program.
- Serves as a liaison providing clinical input and feedback in the development of clinical information systems participating in the selection, build, and implementation of solutions to strengthen delivery of care, quality outcomes, and research initiatives.
- Provides medical and technology expertise in the build and implementation of the electronic health record for the inpatient medical staff.
- Researches, assesses and analyzes clinical informatics trends, processes/approaches and best practices. Participates in the development of workflow methodologies and integration to promote clinical standardization, where appropriate, identify process improvement opportunities in areas of patient care delivery to include quality and safety
- Develops and/or participates in the development of policies/procedures and standards to support clinical information technology and systems development/implementation and administration on an on-going basis in support of patient care and new evidenced based clinical research activities.
- Utilizes a practice of analytics and metrics driven change and subsequent monitoring, technology related strategic planning, technology related policy and procedure formation, planning and implementation of clinical information and related systems.
- Educates, trains, orients, and/or mentors physicians and other clinicians in the use of new physician based technology and associated software products working with senior leadership and others to promote/advance clinical changes and meet prescribed project timelines.
. This role is 50% clinical and 50% ACMIO Requirements, Preferences and Experience
• Must have 3 years medical practice experience -Current license as a medical doctor in the state of TN, MS, or AR. Board certification or board eligible in Clinical Informatics required.
• Able to maintain an inpatient clinical practice for a 40% time commitment.
• Familiarity with health care trends, regulatory guidelines, patient care delivery models, research capabilities, and other clinical technologies to provide support for acute care, ambulatory care, and other care settings to include telemedicine. Knowledge of current EHR physician applications. Epic preferred.
• Capability to drive transformation through innovation and implementation of clinical technology.
• Excellent knowledge and competencies in the design of clinical workflow in all care settings, with emphasis in development/deployment of clinical technology and systems.
• Demonstrated performance/process improvement experience and the use of defined analytics to drive business and clinical strategies and improve outcomes.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills (written, verbal and presentation) with ability to work with a number of diverse groups. Ability to foster collaborative partnerships in the development, implementation and administration of medical/clinical informatics initiatives.
• Demonstrated structured leadership and project management skills. About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17748 - Officer-Associate Chief Medical Information Inpatient
Department: MG Executive Corporate
Category: Leadership & Administration
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area