Responsible for directing the establishment and enactment of all policies and procedures related to Accounting. Responsible for the management of the Accounting Department 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Responsible for the direct supervision of the payroll clerk, accounts payable clerk, cash postings clerk, and cash receipts clerk one shift, eight hours a day, five days a week. Incumbent is subject to overtime and callback as required by the hospital.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Supervision of the Accounting department that includes the responsibility for the planning, implementation and marketing of services that meet the needs of identified internal and external customers.
- Responsible for overall financial management of the department including but not limited to capital and operational budgeting, variance analysis and pro-forma generation as well as management of resources within financial and workload standards.
- Responsible for overall operational management including but not limited to hiring, training, supervising, counseling, evaluating all employees and maintaining regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain a positive work climate and the overall team effort of the department. Provides leadership through communicating the BMHCC vision/values, coaching and setting of departmental policies and goals.
- Responsible for communicating and interacting with key internal and external customers.
- Supports and assists the Business Office Director with the functions and activities of the Revenue and Reimbursement Committee.
- Perform related responsibilities as required or directed.
- Coordinates the listing and accounting for assets and related depreciation calculations
- Responsible for supervision of payroll functions including but not limited to: employee time keeping; employee check preparation and distribution; preparation and timely submission local, federal and state payroll reports; preparation and analysis of various corporate and entity reports; and W-2 preparation.
Preferred: Master's Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting.
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or equivalent experience. Experience
Minimum: Three (3) years of financial experience in a hospital or health care related profession. Licensure, Registration, Certification
Preferred: CPA LicenseSpecial Skills
Minimum: Proficient in the use of computers, word processors, and general office equipment.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 703 - Controller
Facility: BMH-Desoto Hospital
Department: DC Accounting Services BMH Desoto
Category: Finance and Accounting
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area