Manages the care for a specific group of patients; facilitates the safe movement of patients through the continuum of care, ensures optimal utilization of resources, service delivery and compliance with external review agencies, local, state, and federal requirements. Service includes psychosocial assessments, developing and coordinating discharge plans to insure continuity of care, providing supportive counseling, and crisis intervention to enhance coping and functioning ability. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Perform a comprehensive psychosocial assessment when triggered to identify the patient's health goals and coordinate services with the RN Case Manager for an effective transition plan. Meets directly with patient/family on an ongoing basis as identified.
- Identify the need for patient/family regarding Social / Psychosocial issues that need to be addressed.
- Build on the discharge planning assessment in developing, coordinating, implementing and revising a care plan to ensure good transition management and continuity of care (LOS, discharge delays), cost reduction and patient self-management (patient activation).
- Collaborates with the physician and all members of the multidisciplinary team to facilitate care and assist in meeting discharge goals.
- Completes assigned goals.
- Provides supportive counseling to individuals, families, and groups to address identified concerns and to enhance understanding of coping with and adjustment to illness/hospitalization.
Minimum: Masters of Social Work LMSW- must be licensed per state requirementsLicensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: LMSWSpecial Skills
Minimum: Excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills. Ability to identify and coordinate appropriate resources in the community. Ability to work with people of all social, economic, and cultural backgrounds. Computer skills.Training
Preferred: 2 years clinical experience as a social worker in medical/clinical setting
Minimum: LMSW graduate of an accredited school of social workAbout Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 2583 - Social Worker LMSW
Facility: BMH-NEA Hospital
Department: JO Case Mgmt Administration NEA Baptist Jonesboro
Category: Social Services
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Jonesboro and Northeast Arkansas metro area