Responsible for the billing, analysis, customer service, and collection of student accounts, including cashiering functions, accounting support, and any written and verbal correspondence with students, faculty, staff, and/or vendors intended to procure maximum cash to support operations of the University. Under the general supervision of the Director, Financial and Business Services, incumbent is responsible for 1 shift, 8 hours/day, 5 days/week. Incumbents are subject to hours beyond the normal workday.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and ExperienceEducation
- Maintains and collects all student accounts;
- Facilitates interaction to assist students, parents, faculty, staff, and vendors in management of financial affairs in order to meet obligations to the University.
- Coordinates planning and implementation of the registration and payment process demonstrated through active collection of monies on student accounts in order to maximize cash flow, assuring appropriate payment of accounts by all students, and processing student refunds as applicable.
- Deposits all monies collected according to established guidelines; prepares appropriate paperwork for posting deposits into the general ledger system.
- Coordinates with Accountant to create accounting entries and maintain related documentation.
- Monitors and develops efforts to ensure optimal service and operation in all student account related areas of the Business Office.
- Acts as a liason for the Business Office and other internal departments and external agencies.
- Performs related accountabilities/responsibilities as required or directed.
Minimum Education Required
Bachelor's degree in Business with a minimum of 12 hours in Accounting.Experience
Minimum Experience Required:
Two (2) years of accounts receivable experience. Knowledge of mathematics and basic accounting principles. Demonstrated analytical skills in basic accounts receivable, accounting, billing, and collections. Ability to multitask and organize/prioritize a demanding workload. Excellent time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Proven customer service, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proven attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness. Technically competent and proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to accurately perform the following in Excel is a plus: sort, filter, and format data, and utilize formulas. Higher education experience preferred.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 5131 - Analyst-University Accounts Receivable
Facility: Baptist Health Sciences University
Department: CS Financial Services University
Category: Administrative Non Clinical Support
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area