Works under the supervision and direction of the System Director for Pharmacy Contracts in providing support for drug purchases, shortages, data analytics and contract review/facilitation. Performs other duties as assigned.
Responsible for using Microsoft excel and other tools for completing tasks.
Expected to have time management and organizational skills for managing several tasks at one time.
Models and delivers professionalism to internal (Baptist entities) and external (vendors and partners) customers.Responsibilities Job Responsibilities
• Completes assigned goals.
• Assists and supports Pharmacy Department buyers and Leaders as needed re review of contracts, drug shortages, liaison to drug wholesaler etc.
• Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned.
• Has access to and understand confidentiality of NCPDP and NPI information relative to outpatient pharmacy payer agreements and information.Requirements, Preferences and Experience ExperienceDescriptionMinimum RequiredPreferred/Desired
1 year of pharmacy experience
5 years of hospital or outpatient pharmacy purchasing experienceEducationDescriptionMinimum RequiredPreferred/Desired
B.S. degreeTrainingDescriptionMinimum RequiredPreferred/DesiredSpecial SkillsDescriptionMinimum RequiredPreferred/Desired
Proficient in Excel
Expert in Excel to include pivot tables, workbooks, etc.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17853 - Specialist-Pharmacy
Facility: BMHCC Corporate Office
Department: HS System Pharmacy Corporate
Category: Pharmacy Services
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area