Supervisor-Central Sterile Supply - NM Surgery Central Sterile BMH North MS
Job ID: 12657
Develops, administers, supervises, and implements all activities for areas of accountability. Works in close collaboration with the healthcare team to meet and support diverse organizational business initiatives/strategies. Responsibilities include but are not limited to standardization of systems, identification of efficiencies, financial oversight for areas of accountability, integration of performance improvement strategies, support of strategic business initiatives, processes and communication plans which support goal attainment while fostering patient, physician and employee satisfaction. Works collaboratively with all departments. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supervises and sustains an organizational culture which reinforces the quality of services essential to high performance.
- Fosters transparency, interdisciplinary collaboration, and accountability in areas of responsibility.
- Enhances the quality and effectiveness of administration, and the delivery of services.
- Optimizes resource allocation to support current and potential objectives and initiatives.
- Supervises a multidisciplinary work force that provides clinically competent, efficient, and compassionate care and services in a professionally challenging environment.
Requirements, Preferences and ExperienceEducation
Preferred: Basic knowledge of Supervising practices and techniques of staffing. Working knowledge of TJC and AORN standards relating to instrument processing. Knowledge of surgical instrumentation.
Minimum: Skill in communicating clearly and effectively using standard English in written, oral and verbal format to achieve high productivity and efficienty. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties.Experience
Preferred: Supervisor in hospital or medical related field preferred. Experience in a Central Sterile processing unit or in a surgical setting.
Minimum: Supervising experience.Special Skills
Minimum: Ability to foster collaborative partnerships in the development, implementation and administration of service and program delivery. Computer literacy