Provides personal care assistance to patients under the direction of licensed personnel and /or Administrator. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Performs patient care duties as assigned.
- Assesses specimens.
- Provides for patient safety.
- Possesses the ability to perform day to day clerical task and related duties.
- Participates in ongoing educational activities.
- Verifies insurance, communicates regularly with carriers and other regulatory agencies for reimbursement purposes.
- Completes assigned goals.
Minimum: Skill in communicating clearly and effectively using standard English in written, oral and verbal format to achieve high productivity and efficiency. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties. Experience
Preferred: Minimum of three years experience.
Minimum: Approved nursing or medical assistant course.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: BLS certification within 14 days of hire dateSpecial Skills
Preferred: Phlebotomy experience CLIA knowledge
Minimum: Computer literacy. Maintain Certification Training
Preferred: Experience with testing in a moderately complex lab.
Minimum: Approved nursing or medical assistant course. About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 13252 - Assistant-Certified Medical
Facility: BMG-The Medical Group
Department: MG Diagnostic Lab BMG
Category: Nursing Support & Patient Care
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area