The System Director of Enterprise Data Management will lead the development of enterprise data management strategies and tactics, assume overall responsibility for the enterprise data systems, and drive the overall strategic growth of our data environments. This role provides leadership for data architecture, modeling, consolidation, quality, integrity, security, availability, and performance in a 24x7 environment consisting of cloud-based and hybrid-cloud based solutions. This key role is responsible for interacting with business stakeholders to understand business strategy, scenarios, gaps, issues and needs to create relevant data strategies and architectures that lead to positive business outcomes.
The System Director Enterprise Data Management will direct and oversees the design and development of strategy and design of systems used for managing data such as data warehouses, data stores, data lakes, and other data curation and management systems. Responsible for maintaining and monitoring the enterprise data systems to ensure they meet organizational requirements for quality, accessibility, and retention.
As the System Director of Enterprise Data Management, will own the enterprise strategy for data architecture, engineering, management, and curation of data. You will help create an empowered and data-centric culture at Baptist Memorial Health rooted in enterprise data governance and integrity. This will include a thoughtful review of enterprise data structure, data movement, and implementation of the right level of checks and balances to provide reliable data insights. You will leverage your technical expertise and strong cross functional leadership skills to deliver actionable insights and models to all departments.Responsibilities
• Establish and Build an Enterprise Data Management program and recruit/lead a team of data services professionals tasked with architecting, developing, and managing a data service that supports Baptist Memorial Health Care's clinical, business, research, and academic areas.
• Manage the strategy, architecture and implementation of an enterprise data store for Baptist.
• Define the key business and operational KPI's in partnership with various business and technology stakeholders.
• Be responsible for the strategy, and execution for enterprise data integrations and technology solutions, ensuring scalability of systems, processes, and talent.
• Define the data architecture & technology roadmap; design, build, deploy, and manage data architecture across multiple technology platforms.
• Drive enterprise wide data governance framework, with a focus on the improvement of data quality through modifications to policies and standards, processes, applications and data architecture.
• Develop a master data governance approach including global consistency for data definitions, taxonomies, business rules and standards that improve data quality and integration across applications and functions.
• Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for the stewardship of the company's principal information assets.
• Serve as a point of escalation for governance, data quality and protection issues; collaborate closely with Enterprise Analytics team to improve the quality and value of core data assets.
• Lead the design and implementation of an enterprise data lake solution.
• Participates in the business organization's strategic and operational governance processes as a member of the senior management team.
• Work with internal and external stakeholders across all business departments in the front office and serve as an in-house agency to lead the use of data to make informed business decisions champion and rally the organization towards a common business intelligence approach.
• Partner with various departments across the organization to understand their data needs and deliver the data in a manner that the department can access it easily, understand it thoroughly, and leverage it to make decisions to improve their functions and processes and drive impact. Requirements, Preferences and Experience
• 10+ years of experience architecting, building and maintaining data warehouses, BI applications, and data management processes
• Proficiency in data model design, applications, data flows, API documentation, and data governance
• 5+ years of people leadership with a passion for unlocking the talents of team members
• Excellent cross-functional leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to translate business strategy into actionable goals
• Highly skilled in communicating and presenting technical information to all levels of the company including executives
• Stay up to date with the latest and evolving data warehousing, data engineering, ETL and visualization best practices and technologies About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17909 - System Director-Enterprise Data Management
Facility: BMHCC Corporate Office
Department: HS Adminstration Corporate
Category: Information Systems
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area