Responsible for developing sourcing strategies to align with the overall goals of Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation. Leads complex strategic sourcing initiatives for capital equipment, services or technology products. Leverage BMHCC's purchasing volume to ensure all contractual agreements are of the highest quality and at the lowest total cost.Responsibilities
Lead enterprise-wide sourcing initiatives and contract negotiations.
Prepare and negotiate complicated contracts with key suppliers, including costs, terms of supply, service and quality.
Influence and drive collaboration between cross-functional stakeholders to identify cost savings opportunities, operational efficiencies and facilitate strong partnerships between BMHCC and its strategic vendors.
Administers and manages the "Request For" (RF) process from preparing the request to supplier award and implementation.
Responsible for the beginning to end process for agreements from negotiations to approvals and signature.
Utilize benchmarking tools (ex. mdbuyline and Group Purchasing Organization) to validate pricing and support lowest total cost negotiations.
Act as liaison between internal stakeholders, legal, finance, risk and vendors to ensure compliance to sourcing and contracting policies and procedures.
Manage and coordinate multiple projects, sourcing events and contracts.
Ensure contracts are finalized including required signatures and communication to relevant parties.
Manage specific supplier relationships and ensure the ongoing management of performance, quality, cost, contractual commitments, etc.
Manage contract close-out, extension, or renewal and draft, review, negotiate and finalize certain forms of contracts, such as confidentiality, business associate and evaluation agreements.
Provide leadership and training in corporate contracts related to systems, policies and procedures.
Prepares presentation documents for internal stakeholders and vendors.
Completes assigned goalsRequirements, Preferences and Experience
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in supply chain, business, economics, finance, logistics, or in a related field.
• Eight+ (8+) years' experience negotiating contractual agreements preferably in a related industry.
• Experience in the sourcing process
• Ability to effectively manage multiple large, complex, strategic projects / negotiations with aggressive milestones, significant risk components and multi-million annual value.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Analytical skills with ability to collect and correlate information and data
• Written and verbal communication skills and mathematical skill to calculate figures and amounts.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Highly effective negotiator.
• Sound time-management and organizational skills.
• Master's degree in business, economics, finance, logistics, supply chain, or a related field
• Certifications: APP, CPM, CPSM, CPIM, APICS About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 981 - Manager-Procurement Contracts
Facility: BMHCC Corporate Office
Department: HS Supply Chain Operations Corporate
Category: Supply Chain & Materials Management
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area