Performs electroneurodiagnostic tests within approved standards, utilizing knowledge of neuroanatomy and physiology, basic electronics and electrical safety, general knowledge of electroneurodiagnostic instrumentation, pattern recognition, and various medical and pharmacological conditions. Incumbent may be FT, PT, or PRN with overtime, on-call and call back as required. Reports to Director of Pulmonary Services. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Performs Electroneurodiagnostic tests within approved standards to ensure that the physician can make appropriate interpretation/ intervention of the patient's neurological status.
- Provides routine/preventive maintenance on electroneurodiagnostic equipment by calibrating and cleaning equipment to ensure that data obtained is accurate and with defined parameters.
- Completes assigned goals.
Minimum: Skill in communicating clearly and effectively using standard English in written, oral and verbal format to achieve high productivity and efficiency. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties.Experience
Preferred: 12 months providing neurodiagnostic exams in hospital or physician office.
Minimum: 6 months providing neurodiagnostic exams in hospital or physician office.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Preferred: PALS;ACLSSpecial Skills
Minimum: Skill and proficiency in the concepts, principles, and techniques of the field of Neurodiagnostics, including EEG, EMG, EP, and NCS.Training
Preferred: 12 months in a hospital or physician office
Minimum: 6 months in a hospital or physician office.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 3696 - Technologist-Neurology II
Facility: BMH-NEA Hospital
Department: JO Electroneurodiagnostics NEA Baptist Jonesboro
Category: Clinical Technician/Technologist
Work Type: PRN
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Jonesboro and Northeast Arkansas metro area