Responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, and managing the overall operations of the Environmental Services department. The manager carries out the assigned duties 8 hours a day, 5 days a week or as needed under the general direction of the Director of Safety and Organizational Compliance. Incumbents are subject to working shifts as required by the university.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Administers the operational management of Environmental Services including the employment process(hiring, discipline, terminations)and manages all aspects of the work assignments by scheduling, assigning and monitoring work assignment as required to stay in control of the overall operations while maintaining acceptable cleanliness and safety standards.
- Responsible for communicating productivity, quality assurance, and administrative requirements.
- Conducts and monitors employee training by training on housekeeping and safety practices to ensure standardized cleaning procedures required by OSHA, EPA and University Safety Program are being followed.
- Charged with ultimate responsibility for the financial performance of the department.
- Participates as a valued team member and builds working relationships with all areas of the University so that it is a positive and clean work environment and atmosphere conducive to the educational process.
- Evaluates the performance and quality of the work performed by all members of the EVS department.
- Performs other accountabilities as required or directed
Desired: Ability to read, perform basic mathematical calculations and follow basic instructions. Skill in planning, organizing, delegating, and controlling personnel activities as acquired through work experience or completion of high school or equivalent.
Desired: Knowledge of University and departmental policies and procedures, equipment, staffing, and operations as normally acquired through 6 to 8 weeks of orientation and mentoring. Knowledge of scheduling, variable staffing, work assignments, communications, customer relations and development, housekeeping procedures as acquired through 2-3 years of housekeeping or supervisory experience. Work requires the knowledge of proper use of specialized cleaning equipment, cleaning techniques, safety procedures, and infection control methods.
Minimum: Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 1133 - Manager-Environmental Services
Facility: Baptist Health Sciences University
Department: CS Environmental Services University
Category: Environmental Services & Housekeeping
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area