Promotes a high level of customer satisfaction during patient interactions, requiring knowledge of departmental and corporate policies and procedures. Maintains accurate and timely billing information, processes appointments, and daily reconciles charge and payment entries and bank deposit. Incumbents are subject to overtime and callback as required. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Verifies insurance, communicates regularly with carriers and other regulatory agencies for reimbursement purposes.
- Performs daily and monthly close out procedures for internal controls and cash balancing.
- Maintains working knowledge of insurance co-pays and deductible, and workman's compensation protocols to ensure accurate and compliant billing information.
- Promotes customer satisfaction while maintaining a positive, professional manner in both verbal and nonverbal communication.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of corporate policies and procedures as they relate to clinic operations.
- Answers telephones, takes and directs messages on a timely basis according to the direction and location appropriate to maintain continuous work flow.
- Maintains an organized and efficient work environment by keeping files and records neat and orderly to promote a smooth work flow and to ensure confidentiality.
- Coordinates resources necessary to input accurate data, both demographic and medical, collect appropriate fees at time of service and assist patient with financial counseling when appropriate.
- Carries out all other duties assigned by the Clinic Manager in a timely manner.
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: Collegiate or medical trade completion. Associates Degree
Minimum: Skill in communicating clearly and effectively using standard English in written, oral and verbal format to achieve high productivity and efficiency. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties.Experience
Preferred: One year's current experience with insurance billing and/or medical collection and medical terminology.
Minimum: One year's current experience with insurance billing and/or medical collection and medical terminology.Special Skills
Preferred: Proficient with 10-key.
Minimum: Type 30 wpm, 10 key experience, Excellent customer relations skills. Basic knowledge of Windows applications. Current knowledge of medical terminology.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 11806 - Coordinator-Customer Service Float Pool
Facility: BMG-Golden Triangle Pulmonology
Department: MG GTR Pulmonary
Category: Administrative Non Clinical Support
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Jackson metro area.