The System Director Workforce Optimization is responsible for supporting the strategic direction and performance improvement initiatives of Baptist Memorial Health Care, as well as other BMHCC service lines engaged with the team. This role will work cross-functionally with Department and Executive Leadership to optimize staffing resources and drive continuous improvement.Responsibilities
• Supports the labor management analysis process including but not limited to productivity and other labor metrics
• Ensure service line departments staff appropriately for actual and projected volumes including developing and monitoring staff scheduling practices
• Serves as the business owner for designated WFO tools, to include scheduling, timekeeping, and labor analytics.
• Continually monitor productivity goals and requirement calculations to ensure they are appropriate
• Minimize use of overtime, temp labor and other premium labor through management practices
• Analyze business processes to identify potential issues or opportunities for cost savings in labor management and propose solutions to Department and Executive Leadership
• Work closely with HR, Recruiting, and Operations to ensure best practice in requisition support including the timely hiring and training of staff
• Support the Operational Analytics team in diagnosing when operational changes will require accommodations in published Labor-related reporting
• Assists Department Leaders in managing information effectively to improve departmental efficiency and performance
• Staffing Analysis - Knowledge of descriptive statistics to analyze statistical data and prepare projections and recommendations related to staffing
• Leadership - Guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services Requirements, Preferences and Experience
Minimum Experience Required:
7 years of Financial Analysis, Labor Management, or Operations experience and 5 + years' supervisory leadership experience, preferably in a complex healthcare environment. Experience in matrix organization and complex work environment is required
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor's degree in finance, Business, Human Resources, related field, or equivalent years of experience required. Master's degree preferred
Minimum Training Required:
Demonstrated excellence in leading teams, especially through change and the implementation of new programs and processes. Desire to lead through the organization's mission, vision, and values
Minimum Special Skills Required:
About Baptist Memorial Health Care
- Upholds a Sr. Leader presence and can speak to large groups as well as inspire action toward achieving system and regional initiatives.
- Experience solving sophisticated business problems using a multi-disciplined, analytical, and fact-based approach
- PC skills - Extensive PC skills, including spreadsheets, databases and presentation applications.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Strategic thinker who has a successful track record in effectively leading through influence.
- Strong collaborator and relationship builder, who values a culture of teamwork.
- Understands how to partner with and influence key stakeholders to drive progress as well as advise and lead change.
- Creative and flexible approach to developing and accessing new ideas as well as able to navigate ambiguous situations.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo with executive leaders to encourage thinking differently.
- Metrics driven, with the ability to organize, analyze, and make decisions based on sound data. Commitment to "systemness" and the ability to make decisions based on the goal of developing a high quality, efficient health care system.
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17970 - System Director-Workforce Optimization
Facility: BMHCC Corporate Office
Department: HS HRD Compensation Corporate
Category: Human Resources
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area