Completes the daily billing functions, both paper and electronic claims and for the timely follow up of same. Handles patient questions to completion. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Handles telephone communication with patients, insurance companies and other hospital personnel.
- Bills, collects and submits all insurance and TPA claims on a daily basis according to payer guidelines up to and including 72 hour readmissions.
- Works all insurance denials via paper and/or electronic in work queues, maintains electronic reject reports and all 276/277 transactions.
- Monitors all electronic and/or paper claim status. i.e. Medicare 201 report, caremedic status report, claims administrator status reports, etc.
- Posts all bank deposited money and/or ERA completed daily, including any zero payments or denials received.
- Maintains credit balance reports to ensure prompt and accurate refunds and/or adjustments to accounts.
- Completes all scanning and indexing of all paper and electronic documents on a daily basis.
- Completes daily payment variance reports in a timely manner.
- Completes assigned goals
Preferred: Ability to read, write, and perform mathematical calculations, use proper composition, grammar, oral communication and spelling as normally acquired by official completion of high school or its equivalent. Knowledge of general office techniques as normally acquired through two years of experience in credit and collections.
Minimum: Skill in communicating clearly and effectively using standard English in written, oral and verbal format to achieve high productivity and efficiency. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties.Experience
Preferred: One year customer service, collection service, collections and third party collections. Indication of good customer skills is a plus.
Minimum: Any business related clerical job skills.Special Skills
Preferred: Knowledge of insurance billing and collections. Knowledge of insurance guidelines. Effective verbal and written communication skills. Effective customer service skills.
Minimum: Ability to type and/or key accurately, problem solving, written and oral communication skills, financial counseling skills.Training
Preferred: PC skill workshops, medical terminology course, customer relations skill sets.
Minimum: Customer relations skill sets.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17978 - Clerk-Insurance
Department: JS Gynecologic Oncology MBMC
Category: Finance and Accounting
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Jackson, MS metro area