The Senior Human Resources Manager is responsible to provide oversight and leadership for the Human Resources department to support the mission of Baptist Memorial Hospital. Will coordinate the daily activities of the HR Representatives and HR Specialist. Will work closely with the Director to oversee the organization's HR function to include recruitment, onboarding, retention, engagement, employee relations, compliance, and performance management. Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Provides overall day-to-day operational oversight for HR team working closely with Director of HR (Director) to include deployment of recruitment/retention strategies, performance management program, employee relations and problem resolution initiatives, reward and recognition programs, and employee engagement activities.
- Partners with operational leaders and hospital team members to strengthen HR infrastructure through continuous improvement, productivity, and service excellence.
- Manages the HR function and provides guidance to include but not limited to supporting both management and staff in the interpretation of policies, assisting in employment/recruitment process, benefits and salary administration working in coordination with Director, managing/conducting new employee orientation and other training offerings.
- Monitors compliance with HR policies to ensure fair and consistent terms and conditions of employment and adherence to all applicable state and federal standards/guidelines/laws.
- Serves as a liaison for employee relations matters to proactively identify issues/concerns so that they are reported timely to Administration and recommends options for resolution to minimize legal exposure.
- Works with the Director to analyze HR data to include recruitment/retention and turnover trends, performance management outcomes, engagement data, and other pertinent HR metrics to enhance operational effectiveness and workforce efficiencies.
- Assesses HR operations, services and program delivery, identifies opportunities for cost reduction, performance improvement and enhanced efficiencies by regularly monitoring the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of work and related HR work processes. Recommends improvement strategies as needed.
- Works with management on performance issues, manages progressive corrective actions and terminations, and oversees unemployment compensation process to include providing responses and representing the organization in hearings.
- Conducts training programs as needed to provide management and staff development; provides communication and informational presentations to update hospital team on applicable HR programs, benefit changes, regulatory guidelines such as ADA, FMLA, OSHA, Harassment, etc.
- Implements new HR service offerings and/or programs, as needed, to meet organizational needs/goals working in close collaboration with Director and hospital leadership team.
- Recommends and facilitates employee recognition efforts and events to enhance employee satisfaction and foster a positive employee relations environment.
- Performs related accountabilities/responsibilities as required or directed.
Minimum: Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field or equivalent experience.Experience
Preferred: 5 years related experience. 3 years directly related experience, preferably in a health care setting.
Minimum: 5 years' human resources experience with demonstrated success in all facets of HR operations to include the management of a variety of HR projects, leading teams, and providing leadership and guidance working with operational leaders and key stakeholders addressing/resolving complex HR and legal issues. Special Skills
Minimum: Strong internal and external customer service focus Knowledge of HR regulatory standards and employment laws to include but not limited to Title VII, ADA, FMLA, Workers' Compensation, FSLA. The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on results Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Must be very detailed oriented. Success in driving effective employee relations, retention and employee engagement strategies A strong focus on problem resolution and working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate outcomes. About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17680 - Manager-Human Resources Senior
Facility: BMH-Memphis Hospital
Department: ME HRD Administration Baptist Memphis
Category: Human Resources
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area