Learns practice assimilation and integration of the knowledge and skills acquired as a student. In this structured learning environment, a resident ensures appropriate, safe, effective and efficient use of medications in order to provide optimal patient outcomes. The resident will be routinely evaluated and given feedback in accordance with the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Association accreditation requirements. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Manages medication orders including age-specific considerations to ensure medications safety (i.e. processing, preparation and dispensing).
- Participates in pharmacotherapeutic plan processes.
- Completes a major residency project of pharmacy practice-related issues
- Contributes to goals, programs and report cards for unit/department/hospital.
- Provides drug information.
- Provides education.
- Manages own pharmacy practice effectively.
- Processes and prepares sterile products for dispensing.
- Supervises and directs healthcare team members.
- Participates actively on inter and intra-departmental committees.
- Maximizes safety and efficiency through appropriate use of automation.
- Completes assigned goals.
Minimum: Bachelor of Science (B.S.) or Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.).Experience
Preferred: Experience in hospital pharmacy.
Minimum: Clinical knowledge.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: PHARMACIST-FOR APPROPRIATE STATESpecial Skills
Preferred: Membership with state and/or national hospital pharmacy associations.
Minimum: Advanced communication skills and computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications. High-level cognitive ability to interpret and assess written medication orders to ensure optimal medication use. Teaching skills and qualified to precept residents, students, interns and externs.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 2100 - Resident-Pharmacist I
Facility: BMH-North Mississippi Oxford Hospital
Department: NM Pharmacy Education BMH North MS
Category: Pharmacy Services
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Rotating
Located in the Oxford, MS metro area