Administers and coordinates the patient assistance program for reimbursement of pharmaceuticals, completion of charity care application as well as securing financial assistance via utilization of appropriate software. Oversees the program and it's goal obtain financial assistance and/or free medications via application process for uninsured or underinsured patients through various drug manufacturers patient assistance programs and foundations. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Works with patient and/or patient designated representative.
- Daily reviews the EPIC system for Charity and Patient Assistance Applications that have been submitted for pre-approval.
- Reviews charity applications.
- Reviews for patient assistance, free drugs and drug replacment.
- Creates, reviews, maintains and files records and reports of all reimbursement activities
- Communicates with appropriate parties to insure effectiveness of the program
- Maintains competency and effectively manages job responsibilities
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: National Pharmacy Technician Certification. Associates degree or higher in related field.
Minimum: Skill in communicating clearly and effectively using standard English in written, oral and verbal format to achieve high productivity and efficiency. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties.Experience
Preferred: Pharmacy technician. Epic EMR application. Oncology clinical or pharmacy setting.
Minimum: Two years of physician or hospital billing. One year of applying for grants, co-payment and drug manufacturer assistance.Special Skills
Preferred: Knowledge of Epic EMR.
Minimum: Proficient in use of Microsoft Office and Outlook. Knowledge of insurance billing and guidelines. Excellent skills in written and verbal communications. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties. Strong quantitative, analytical, and organizational skills. Advance knowledge of EMR's. Team focused individualAbout Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 5601 - Specialist-Patient Assistance
Facility: BMG-Central Business Office
Department: HS Financial Counseling Corporate
Category: Finance and Accounting
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area