Summary Job Responsibilities
• Update, request, and record advisory status for each facility and level of care so that this is visible to all of the department.
• Make appropriate bed assignment based on patient need and specialized services provided by the unit.
• Responds to a wide variety of calls and inquiries for purpose of providing information, resolving problems where appropriate, and referring to appropriate staff members.
• Participates in ongoing educational activities.
• Performs activities within established guidelines to support department operations.
• Provides coordinator support to facilitate smooth operation of the department.
• Effectively communicates with all stakeholders in a professional manner to provide quality patient care.
• Responsible for the transfer patients on the electronic bed board. Responsibilities
Assess bed availability for all areas of assigned hospitals.
Assess the patient information given and bed requested for appropriateness.
Make appropriate bed assignment based on patient need and specialized services provided by the unit.
Proficient in electronic bed management systems.
Communicates bed status to management.
Participates in activities designed to improve health care delivery.
Communicates/collaborates with others in providing patient care.
Completes assigned goals.Requirements, Preferences and Experience
High School Diploma, Some college preferred.
Three (3) years Experience in acute hospital care settings required.
• Competent in the use of computer applications
• The ability to multi-task Critical thinking skills
BLS within 14 days of hire. About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 18022 - Specialist-Patient Placement Center
Facility: BMHCC Corporate Office
Department: HS Patient Placement Corporate
Category: Nursing Support & Patient Care
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: PRN
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area