Establishes, plans, directs, coordinates, evaluates, and maintains the standards of clinical practices and operating policies and related patient care activities, working in close collaboration with the Cancer Center leadership team to meet and support diverse organizational business initiatives/strategies. Responsibilities include but are not limited to standardization of systems, identification of efficiencies, financial oversight for clinical programs/services, integration of performance improvement strategies, design of strategic clinical business initiatives, processes and communication plans which support Cancer Center goal attainment while fostering patient, provider, and employee satisfaction. Works collaboratively with all hospital departments and entities to coordinate clinical integration, service line development, and standardized patient care practice. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Required Experience:
- Leads the development, implementation, and improvement of care delivery models and services that supports the continuous enhancement of care delivery and patient/family, employee and provider satisfaction
- Fosters transparency, interdisciplinary collaboration, and accountability
- Enhances the quality and effectiveness of clinical practice, patient care administration, and the delivery of services.
- Optimizes resource allocation to support current and potential objectives and initiatives
- Leads a multidisciplinary work force that provides clinically competent, efficient, and compassionate care and services in a professionally challenging environment.
- Prepares annual budget by reviewing historical costs and evaluating anticipated needs with Executive Director to ensure fiscal viability/accountability.
- Participates in development of new programs/services.
- Completes assigned goals.
5 years progressive, outcome oriented leadership experienceRequired Education:
Master's degree required, or plan to complete within 3 years
Special Skills: Knowledge of health care issues, trends, legal compliance, and managed care with emphasis in healthcare operations. Ability to foster collaborative partnerships in the development, implementation and administration of service program delivery.
Licensure: RN PreferredAbout Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 12115 - Director-Thoracic Oncology
Facility: BMH-Tipton Hospital
Department: TC Multid Clinics BMH Tipton
Category: Leadership & Administration
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days