Obtains accurate demographic, insurance, and clinical information and enters in to the computer system to create the new patient account and financial record. Schedules patient with the appropriate provider across the BMG system. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Provides coordination of patient flow by following established scheduling procedures and protocols.
- Handles phone calls for all internal and external customers in to the department.
- Competently uses the hospital information and telecommunications systems to maintain records, correspondence, and reports to facilitate timely communication and accurate documentation.
- Communicates with staff and customers by maintaining, receiving, conveying and recording information accurately.
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: Additional business/college courses preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Minimum: Skill in communicating clearly and effectively using standard English in written, oral, and verbal format to achieve high productivity and efficiency. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties.Experience
Preferred: 2-3 year of business experience in a healthcare environment.
Minimum: 1 year of business experience in a healthcare environment.Special Skills
Minimum: Basic computer skills, ability perform basic math computation. Excellent customer service and communication skills. Ability to speak, articulate, and be understood clearly.Training
Preferred: Knowledge of EPIC or other electronic medical records. Front desk clinical clinical scheduling experience preferred.
Minimum: NoneAbout Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17991 - Representative-Central Scheduler
Facility: BMG-Physician Referral Center
Department: MG Centralized Scheduling
Category: Administrative Non Clinical Support
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area