Establishes, plans, directs, coordinates, evaluates, and maintains the standards of nursing practices and operating policies and related patient care activities, working in close collaboration with entity Administration and the System Nursing team to meet and support diverse organizational business initiatives/strategies. Responsibilities include but are not limited to standardization of systems, identification of efficiencies, financial oversight for nursing programs/services, integration of performance improvement strategies, design of strategic nursing business initiatives, processes and communication plans which support nursing goal attainment while fostering patient, physician and employee satisfaction. Works collaboratively with all hospital departments to coordinate nursing integration, service line development, and standardized nursing practice. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Leads the development, implementation, and improvement of care delivery models and services that supports the continuous enhancement of care delivery and patient/family, employee and provider satisfaction.
- Promotes the values of the nursing organization and upholds the nurse practice acts abiding by nurses' rights and compliance with regulatory and professional standards.
- Fosters transparency, interdisciplinary collaboration, and accountability in all areas.
- Enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice, nursing services administration, and the delivery of services.
- Optimizes resource allocation to support current and potential objectives and initiatives.
- Leads a multidisciplinary work force that provides clinically competent, efficient, and compassionate care and services in a professionally challenging environment.
Preferred: Master's degree preferred.
Minimum: Bachelor's degree required.Experience
Minimum: 3 years progressive, outcome oriented leadership experience.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: RNSpecial Skills
Preferred: Specialty certification preferred.
Minimum: Knowledge of health care issues, trends, legal compliance and managed care with emphasis in all components and nursing operations. Ability to foster collaborative partnerships in the development, implementation and administration of service and program delivery.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 767 - Director-Nursing
Facility: BMH-Calhoun Hospital
Department: CA Med/Surg Calhoun
Category: Nurse Leader
Type: Clinical Nurse
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Location: US:MS:Calhoun City