Provides innovative leadership to maximize the Pharmacy Department's contribution to the overall hospital performance through effective planning, as well as, human and financial resource management which result in quality outcomes in line with financial goals of the institution. Responsible for assuring hospital compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations, as well as, accrediting organizations. Incumbant is accountable for departmental management twenty-four (24) hours per day, seven (7) days per week.Responsibilities
• Planning, implementation and marketing of Pharmacy services which meet the needs of identified internal and external customers.
• Operational management of the Pharmacy department including but not limited to hiring, training, supervising, counseling, evaluating, all employees and maintaining regulatory requirements .
• Financial management of the Pharmacy department including but not limited to capital and operational budgeting, variance analysis and management of resources within financial and productivity standards.
• Leadership of the Pharmacy Department through communicating the BMH vision/values, coaching, monitoring, counseling, and setting of departmental policies and goals.
• Communciation/Interaction with identified internal and external customers.
• Ensures compliance with all federal, state, accrediting and regulatory agencies as it relates to the operations of the Pharmacy Department.
• Maintains skills and knowledge through training and continuing education to provide expected standards of care.
• Performs related accountabilities/responsibilities as required or directed. Requirements, Preferences and Experience
Bachelors of Science in Pharmacy required.
PharmD with Masters of Science in Hospital Pharmacy or related healthcare or business degree preferred.
3 years of hospital pharmacy practice required.
5 years of management experience in a hospital pharmacy practice in a mid to large sized healthcare system desired.
EPIC experience preferred.
Mississippi required licensure required.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 156 - Director-Pharmacy
Facility: BMH-Desoto Hospital
Department: DC Pharmacy BMH Desoto
Category: Pharmacy Services
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area